Golfers Thread

Gaz

46 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'd avoid Kingussie in that case. It's a fab wee course with glorious views, but I've genuinely been less fucked after a hillwalk. Dufftown is also ludicrously hilly.

Aye it's pish. I first heard my brother in law use that phrase in the mid 90s. Dreadful behaviour, right up there with "that's a golf shot" and "that'll play". Seethe-inducing.

‘That’s a golf shot’ is a phrase I don’t have ‘in my wheelhouse’. 😎

45 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

“Good ball” Is one that really grips my shit 

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

‘That’s a golf shot’ is a phrase I don’t have ‘in my wheelhouse’. 😎

Thankfully I've haven't heard anywhere other than TV commentary, but "Centre cut" boils my piss to an unhealthy degree.

I've been to Airth range a few times myself, the Toptracer is decent but once you get past about 150 yards it seems to just guess how far every club goes [emoji23] I'd recommend the Fairways Indoor golf in Falkirk, they've got 4 indoor bays and the trackmans which are pretty accurate I find. Plus £20 for an hour is pretty good. 
There's one on Coatbridge too, the guys run our small shop

Unfortunately it dies not sound like the forecast is meant to be much better over there tomorrow anyway.
Sounds like more disruption is expected due to severe weather.
Quite frustrating to watch even if the suspension of play is understandable due to safety concerns.

Monday finish looks a certainty now.

Had my first game since August 20th today, comfortably the longest period I've ever gone without teeing it up since I began playing 40-odd years ago.

I'm not sure whether it was the soft-ish conditions or muscle wastage, but I must've lost at least 20 yards off the tee in the last 7 months; and the less said about the quality of my short game the better. 😆

But I didn't care, it was just so glorious to be back out playing again, and making at least a few decent connections in amongst my (many) swings 😎

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
20 hours ago, CaspianChris said:
Unfortunately it dies not sound like the forecast is meant to be much better over there tomorrow anyway.
Sounds like more disruption is expected due to severe weather.
Quite frustrating to watch even if the suspension of play is understandable due to safety concerns.

Monday finish looks a certainty now.

Hopefully gets finished by the time the Masters starts 

22 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Play suspended and a Monday finish confirmed. 

If there are any more interruptions this could be a 3 round tournament. 

The Players is specifically called out in the rules for being able to extend play for as long as it takes in theory. The No Laying Up guys have talked about this before in detail. I think it’s possible this goes on until Tuesday. 

Looking at the tee times and when the sun sets, there will be players who play just one or two holes of their second round tonight.
Even worse than this, some players won't even start Round 2. Last scheduled tee off according to the PGA app is 1211, and they've just said there is about an hour and a quarter of light left.