Golfers Thread

Gaz

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm useless at remembering to do fantasy team stuff, so won't be entering, but as always, I will be enjoying the rage posts provided by some random winning a tournament shortly after 5 of you have dropped him.

Good luck lads

You can just pick a side at the start, no other work is required.

11 hours ago, Scampi on toast said:

I've moved house to Gullane.  

Anyone want to give advice as to where to join: 

Longniddry
Royal Musselburgh
Craigielaw

Seems to be the only 3 decent courses that welcome membership.

Ooof, a move to Gullane, that's living the dream! Get yourself on the waiting list for Gullane pronto...

Royal Musselburgh is pleasant enough, but you pay over the odds for the name (that grand old clubhouse is really only there for the pictures, it's soooooo not fit for purpose...), and the parkland course is closed due to the weather more than anywhere else in the area. 

Craigielaw often comes across as trying too hard, but it's a lovely stretch of land and the practice facilities are good. If Longniddry was a full 18 holes of links it'd be a no-brainer, but it might well be a coin-toss.

On 21/12/2021 at 23:25, Scampi on toast said:

I'll enter this via PM at some point.  Absolutely loved last seasons #fantasygolf. 

I've moved house to Gullane.  

Anyone want to give advice as to where to join: 

Longniddry
Royal Musselburgh
Craigielaw

Seems to be the only 3 decent courses that welcome membership.

Found Longniddry to be quite dull tbh, expected better. 

If I was you I’d get on the list for Gullane, and in the meantime take the short trip through to North Berwick and join The Glen. 

Home for Christmas yesterday, obviously had to get a swing round Golspie after I finished work at lunch. Even with it being the winter, the course is still in outstanding condition (winter tees, but even they’re still in decent nick). Only managed 14 as was absolutely baltic for the last couple, but played alright considering the wind, and was -1 for the 5 holes on the back 9. Definitely try and get out again before heading back down on the 28th. A glorious way to spend Christmas Eve.

8ae7f64cab5ee2be041d23576bfd4f31.jpg
1feeef47cf52689e472bb9119a49978d.jpg
021547d09025ee04ba416cf4c54057a0.jpg
5167c9f4ce225afefd4a0215187e21ee.jpg

The hardest hole on the PGA tour this year was the 223 yard par 3 17th at Kiawah Island during the USPGA.

Over the 4 rounds it played at an average of 0.531 over par, with 40 balls in the water over the 4 rounds, with only 34.39% of tee shots finding the green.

There were 42 double bogeys, 12 triples and one quadruple.

18 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Away back down the road tomorrow so one last swing this afternoon. Almost zero wind, so, so good.

3aa8931458362bee213fba97b22ac66f.jpg
5271180d20299925e22b3bddea142d0f.jpg
eed36b5be617bf5d91829c9b65fb82c6.jpg
6853708eca0037032d0c210457704264.jpg

My Gran and Grandad lived in Caithness and one of the best bits about visiting when I was younger was getting a game round Golspie.
Always in great condition and I feel it maybe doesn’t get the recognition it deserves due to how close it is to Dornoch and Brora. 
Love the pics!! 

On 28/12/2021 at 09:46, lichtie23 said:

Got my 10 year old a set of junior clubs and am taking her out for her first hit on the course this afternoon. It’s safe to say she is absolutely buzzing for it. 

An update on my daughters first round. She had an absolute ball! She isn’t “naturally gifted” and took a good few “practice” swings before making contact but she had fun and that’s all that matters. Golf can be incredibly frustrating at times but on the 7th she cleared the water and celebrated like she had just got a hole in one. Absolutely magnificent to see. Her joy must have rubbed off on me as well as I shot 2+ for the 9 holes. Driving range tonight I think 

9 hours ago, Leeds Saint said:

@Kima Greggs

I'll have a dabble at this. Selections to therefore avoid;

Morikawa
Koepka (c)
Horshel
Smith
McIntyre
Weisberger
Scheffler
Zalatoris
Hughes
R Hojgaard
Scott
Herbert

Welcome aboard and Good Luck 

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

[mention=69974]Kima Greggs[/mention]

I’ll give it a bash this year:

Morikawa ©
DeChambeau
Horschel
Ancer
MacIntyre
Garcia
Scheffler
Zalatoris
Berger
R Hojgaard
Migliozzi
Herbert

Good stuff, best of luck.

An update on my daughters first round. She had an absolute ball! She isn’t “naturally gifted” and took a good few “practice” swings before making contact but she had fun and that’s all that matters. Golf can be incredibly frustrating at times but on the 7th she cleared the water and celebrated like she had just got a hole in one. Absolutely magnificent to see. Her joy must have rubbed off on me as well as I shot 2+ for the 9 holes. Driving range tonight I think 
Brilliant mate