Golfers Thread

Gaz

Posted before about my workmate's ongoing saga with his new Ping irons. He was custom fitted at the EK branch of American Golf last May and was originally told 6-7 weeks for delivery. 8 weeks comes and goes with no contact from the shop, so he contacts them to be told there was a delay and it would be August. He wasn't pleased, but thought at least he would get the last couple of months of the season with them.

September arrives, still nothing from the shop, once again he has to contact them for an update this time it would be late October/early November delivery.

Rinse and repeat in mid November, this time when he phones they tell him the clubs are definitely arriving in the country on 10th December, and should take 5 days max to reach the branch. He phoned on Monday 13th to be told they won't be in until March. He is understandably seething, especially at how shite the customer service has been throughout.

I hope it works out for your mate.

Popped into the Dundee version a few times and decided not to spend a penny on even a bag of tees.

I was maybe unlucky in the three or four times I've been in but I never felt welcome and was always happy to leave without a purchase.

A very strange marketing strategy.

I hope it works out for your mate.

Popped into the Dundee version a few times and decided not to spend a penny on even a bag of tees.

I was maybe unlucky in the three or four times I've been in but I never felt welcome and was always happy to leave without a purchase.

A very strange marketing strategy.
My own experience at the Clydebank branch has been good, got my irons and putter from there. Staff were very helpful on both occasions, but I was maybe fortunate that the irons were bog standard Ping blue dots that they had in stock.

@die hard doonhamer @lichtie23 @Tartan Dave @peasy23 @J_Stewart @Ro Sham Bo @Honest_Man#1 @Distant Doonhamer @kilMARKnock @Day of the Lords @Bring Back Paddy Flannery @funky_nomad @cas79 @doulikefish @Mark Connolly @Florentine_Pogen @pandarilla @RosspCfc @alta-pete @The Moonster @IrishBhoy @Clockwork @KnightswoodVanBear

20211126_180142.thumb.jpg.53df4889ad896adaca7a8d01a5bc03af.jpg

Good morning gentlemen and welcome to my humble 500 acre estate here in the Spanish countryside. For it is time to pick your 2022 Fantasy Golf League team.

Picking your team is much like making love to a beautiful woman, easy if you know how and over pretty quickly. So please, help yourself to my collection of fine wines, cigars and wives as you make your choices.

Edited by Kima Greggs

FANTASY GOLF LEAGUE 2022

-Pick a squad of 12 from over 100 of the world's best golfers and earn enough points to claim The Todger Strunk Cup and be crowned as p&b's official golfing expert.

-Free to enter and there's prizes to be won.

-Season starts 7th January and runs until the DP World Tour Final on 17th November.

Picking your team

-There are 6 pools of 6 players. You may only pick 1 from each pool.

-There is a PGA List and a WORLD List. You may pick 3 from each list.

-Pick a captain to lead your side and earn bonus points.

-There will be opportunities to change your team and captain in transfer windows during the season.

Scoring points

-All regular PGA, World and Asian Tour events score the same.

-A 2x multiplier for bigger events and a 3x multiplier for the 4 Major Championships

-Points are earned for finishing positions in each event as follows

1st - 70 points

2nd - 50 points

3rd - 40 points

Top 5 - 30 points

Top 10 - 20 points

Top 20 - 10 points

-Captain earns a bonus 20 points every time they finish in the Top 20.

-50 point bonuses for any team having 2 winners in the same week or finishing 1&2 in any tournament.

And finally 

Entries to be in for the weekend of 6th to 9th of January, either by PM or tagging me @Kima Greggs in this thread. Everyone is welcome, not just the tagged posters above. The more the merrier.

*some more info below

Spoiler

-Transfer windows will be the week before The Masters, the week after The Open and the week after the PGA Tour Championship.

-Anyone not on the lists that you want in your team, I will add them in the next window.

-Prizes for the overall fantasy league are as follows..

1st 20 quid in free bets

2nd 10 quid in free bets

3rd 5 quid in free bets

-There will again be a couple of mini leagues with prizes throughout the season.

-There will be no ties, a countback system is in operation.

-In the unlikely event that I am in one of the prize winning positions, the prize will go to the next highest point scorer.

-Any disputes, the Competition Director's decision is final.

-The 2x bonus events are...

Spoiler

Jan 20th HSBC Championship

Jan 27th Dubai Desert Classic

Feb 17th Genesis Invitational

Mar 3rd Arnold Palmer Invitational

Mar 10th The Players Championship

Mar 23rd WGC Matchplay

Jul 7th Scottish Open

Aug 11th FedEx St Jude

Aug 18th BMW Championship

Aug 25th Tour Championship 

Sept 8th BMW PGA Championship 

Nov 17th DP world Tour Final.

Edited by Kima Greggs

Fantasy Golf League 22

Picking your team is easy. Choose 1 from each Pool and from each of the lists, then choose a captain. To help you, each player's official world golf ranking (owgr), their 2021 money list finish (pga, euro) and their 2021 fantasy league points total (FL21) have been listed.

POOL A

Spoiler

golf1.png.d8c5fe914ce70838b7e68aab117e7da1.png

POOL B

Spoiler

golf2.png.260f9e0a4840406f4479355df47e207f.png

POOL C

Spoiler

golf3.png.3725ff50ae5eb1626cb82bb7a416af07.png

POOL D

Spoiler

golf4.png.80dca7e4a35e012f3b31a828856eac01.png

POOL E

Spoiler

golf5.png.4f5c4bd5b78e289f31289e63bc9eb0d0.png

POOL F

Spoiler

golf6.png.781509ca880c5cbca7dc9d6ee0547e4d.png

PGA LIST

Spoiler

golf7.png.46fe2c1d4cbdfdf03763338aa6dfd086.png

golf8.png.e8751617abe472e028ea5717da48d6c1.png

WORLD LIST

Spoiler

golf9.png.f089895d7e55fe78a0dc1667d4a4b2f0.png

golf10.png.407465e7c3a8616067052784c1c7e344.png

Edited by Kima Greggs

20 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Here to defend my crown 😎

@Kima Greggs

Morikawa

Spieth (captain)

Burns

Matsuyama 

Fitzpatrick

Dundee’s Victor Perez

Scheffler, Wolff, Zalatoris

Min Woo Lee, Higgo, Van Rooyen 

Good to see you back Champ. Remember you still have your free bet winnings to use.

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Here to defend my crown 😎

@Kima Greggs

Morikawa

Spieth (captain)

Burns

Matsuyama 

Fitzpatrick

Dundee’s Victor Perez

Scheffler, Wolff, Zalatoris

Min Woo Lee, Higgo, Van Rooyen 

What happens if 'someone' was to 'coincidentally' pick the exact same players as last season's run away champion?