Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 03/12/2021 at 16:11, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone got any good recommendations for golf resorts/locations in Portugal/Spain? Looking at a long weekend next year and want at least a couple of on site courses to play.

Villamoura in Portugal ye cannae go wrong there about half n hour from Faro airport

Not a golf resort as such but the choice around is amazing...hire a car and book direct with courses themselves and with direct Ryan Air flights daily from Edinburgh it's a tremendous place to go if yer a golfer and won't break the bank 

Edited by doulikefish

Anyone got any good recommendations for golf resorts/locations in Portugal/Spain? Looking at a long weekend next year and want at least a couple of on site courses to play.
Workmate stayed in Torremolinos in September, loads of courses around there.

We've been going further along the Algarve Coast to Alvor for last 7 or 8 years. Great wee fishing style village with loads of great restaurants and boozers. The golf close by is all top notch. Great walk back along the beach to Praia da Rocha, gheres a wee bar in the cliffs and its where they filmed Planet of the Apes. Some stunning scenery. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Workmate stayed in Torremolinos in September, loads of courses around there.

This. Anywhere west of Malaga really, there's hunners of courses

20 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
On 06/12/2021 at 20:57, lichtie23 said:
The worst thing about that story is he drinks “pink champagne” 

I'm not sure his defence of 'it was the sleeping pills what did it" will carry much weight.

Poulter and Rose are witnesses as well Iv read. Well they’ve given statements about the flight 

• 2 weeks later...

Posted before about my workmate's ongoing saga with his new Ping irons. He was custom fitted at the EK branch of American Golf last May and was originally told 6-7 weeks for delivery. 8 weeks comes and goes with no contact from the shop, so he contacts them to be told there was a delay and it would be August. He wasn't pleased, but thought at least he would get the last couple of months of the season with them.

September arrives, still nothing from the shop, once again he has to contact them for an update this time it would be late October/early November delivery.

Rinse and repeat in mid November, this time when he phones they tell him the clubs are definitely arriving in the country on 10th December, and should take 5 days max to reach the branch. He phoned on Monday 13th to be told they won't be in until March. He is understandably seething, especially at how shite the customer service has been throughout.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Posted before about my workmate's ongoing saga with his new Ping irons. He was custom fitted at the EK branch of American Golf last May and was originally told 6-7 weeks for delivery. 8 weeks comes and goes with no contact from the shop, so he contacts them to be told there was a delay and it would be August. He wasn't pleased, but thought at least he would get the last couple of months of the season with them.

September arrives, still nothing from the shop, once again he has to contact them for an update this time it would be late October/early November delivery.

Rinse and repeat in mid November, this time when he phones they tell him the clubs are definitely arriving in the country on 10th December, and should take 5 days max to reach the branch. He phoned on Monday 13th to be told they won't be in until March. He is understandably seething, especially at how shite the customer service has been throughout.

You wouldn't bet on them arriving by then either, meaning no new clubs for the start of the season. 

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Has he paid for them? Or is it a pay on delivery deal? 

I went for a fitting in mid-November. Tried a few things, but the pro told me he hoped Ping wouldn't be the ones I wanted as they were currently about a 9 month wait.
Fortunately they weren't the ones I wanted, and my new Apex irons arrived in the shop yesterday!
As he has told the shop, if they had said it was going to be anything more than 8 weeks he wouldn't have ordered them.
Has he paid for them? Or is it a pay on delivery deal? 
Not sure tbh. He's going up to the shop on Monday to strangle the manager.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

As he has told the shop, if they had said it was going to be anything more than 8 weeks he wouldn't have ordered them.Not sure tbh. He's going up to the shop on Monday to strangle the manager.

TBH, he needs a boot in the pie himself for ordering them from American Golf. On the list of shady salesmen, they'd come somewhere between used car and volcano insurance