Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

3rd place with 2093 points, winner of the Bronze Medal and the title of the 3rd most knowledgeable golfing expert of Pie & Bovril

happy-gilmore.gif.f811f269fe6b8c7593c21fd351070110.gif

@Tartan Dave

Congratulations, you also have a £5 free bet to use on any Skybet golfing market.

2nd place with 2144 points, winner of the Silver Salver and the 2nd foremost Pie & Bovril golfing expert

happy-gilmore-shooter-mc-gavin-2.gif.7dad97d266efeadc6b3ce65976fa2138.gif

@peasy23

Congratulations, you also have a £10 (2x£5) free bet to use on any Skybet golfing market.

And finally...

With a grand total of 2342 points, Winner of the Race to Whistling Straits, Champion Golfer of the Year, Winner of the Fantasy Golf League 2021 and The Todger Strunk Cup and Pie & Bovril's undisputed golf expert.

tiger-woods.gif.664fe1af8916b3f72edb1421c5a3536c.gif

@die hard doonhamer

Congratulations, you also have £20(1×£10, 2×£5) free bets to use on any Skybet golfing market.

I’ll have a £5 on the romantic story of 🐱 at St Andrews 40/1. Have thoroughly enjoyed playing this season! Can’t wait for next already

1 hour ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

3rd place with 2093 points, winner of the Bronze Medal and the title of the 3rd most knowledgeable golfing expert of Pie & Bovril

@Tartan Dave

Congratulations, you also have a £5 free bet to use on any Skybet golfing market.

2nd place with 2144 points, winner of the Silver Salver and the 2nd foremost Pie & Bovril golfing expert

@peasy23

Congratulations, you also have a £10 (2x£5) free bet to use on any Skybet golfing market.

And finally...

With a grand total of 2342 points, Winner of the Race to Whistling Straits, Champion Golfer of the Year, Winner of the Fantasy Golf League 2021 and The Todger Strunk Cup and Pie & Bovril's undisputed golf expert.

@die hard doonhamer

Congratulations, you also have £20(1×£10, 2×£5) free bets to use on any Skybet golfing market.

Thank you for running this, it’s been great fun!

I look forward to defending my title next season 😎

I’ll get back to you on the bets!

2 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

@Tartan Dave

@peasy23

And finally...

@die hard doonhamer

Fantastic work all season. 

Already looking forward to the next one. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Thank you for running this, it’s been great fun!

I look forward to defending my title next season 😎

I’ll get back to you on the bets!

There's no rush. You can wait till next year even, Sky might have some specials around new year.

3 hours ago, Tommy Carcetti said:

**Fantasy Golf League Final Standings**

11th place with 1520 points and the winner of the Paul McGinley "he's still got a chance of catching the leaders here" award.

758811137_mcginleysevetrophy.jpg.c115f7577d05d7de6f0102c3918d3c47.jpg

@Distant Doonhamer

10th place with 1603 points and the winner of the Patrick Reed Fair Play and Sportsmanship award.

reed_1920_prescup19_what.thumb.jpg.dd988e3516756426f4d90c999080adcd.jpg

@Mr Kane and the lemon cafe or Perthshire Belle as he's known to many. In his attempts to stay one step ahead of the law(the mods), his first transfer window changes were lost when an account was banned. He took it on the chin, made the crocked Tiger Woods his non playing captain and carried on. Class. See you next year mate.

9th place with 1736 points

@Honest_Man#1

8th place with 1813 points

@alta-pete

Thanks for organising. Great fun even allowing for my dreadful picks.

Must do better next season 😂

Me and my mate been successful in the Open ballot (we can only attend the first day due to our shift pattern in work). 95 quid a ticket and it needs paid by the 3rd of December. Good timing ya tory b*****ds, some of us actually have to save a bit at this time of year.
Do you have to use mats I want for the ballot twice last month but was unsuccessful [emoji35] was going to try again but I read there are mats on this time of year which put me off

7 minutes ago, cas79 said:

Do you have to use mats I want for the ballot twice last month but was unsuccessful emoji35.png was going to try again but I read there are mats on this time of year which put me off

I think he meant tickets for the Open at St Andrews.

Talking about mat’s tho, I fucking hate them. I just can’t play off them. And if there are playing on winter greens I just cancel my tee time. I’d rather go to the range and smash 100 balls 

Talking about mat’s tho, I fucking hate them. I just can’t play off them. And if there are playing on winter greens I just cancel my tee time. I’d rather go to the range and smash 100 balls 
Lol, aye I hate mats too and winter/temp greens are the worse I can get use to the mats after a while but never with the crap greens,

2 minutes ago, cas79 said:
7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Lol, aye I hate mats too and winter/temp greens are the worse I can get use to the mats after a while but never with the crap greens,

It’s putting on fairway…….which is nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, cas79 said:
8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:
It’s putting on fairway…….which is nonsense. 

Brutal. This time of year, plus my watch distances are a all off as the winter tees/greens aren't mapped,

f**k it…..I’m moving to Dubai 

Brutal. This time of year, plus my watch distances are a all off as the winter tees/greens aren't mapped,
Our green convener put out a table last year with the distance from the centre of the winter green to the centre of the full green. Wasn't perfect, but at least gave you some idea of the yardage, especially for the likes of me that uses a GPS watch and not a laser rangefinder.

Our green convener put out a table last year with the distance from the centre of the winter green to the centre of the full green. Wasn't perfect, but at least gave you some idea of the yardage, especially for the likes of me that uses a GPS watch and not a laser rangefinder.
That's a good idea think I'll bring it up to the greenkeeper, I asked shotscope to map my home course with winter greens on but no joy, I use the lazer but hate going in and out of my bag all the time

Winter golf is pretty farcical, and as such is a great laugh.

I'd rather have mats to full greens than turf to winter greens any day of the week, however as I haven't picked up a club since August and won't be hitting a thing until March, I'd take any option in a heartbeat... 😢