Golfers Thread

Gaz

6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Today's order of thrashings:

Schauffele v McIlroy - US win 5&4 - The crowd will torture McIlroy and he will implode spectacularly.

Cantlay v Lowry - Europe win 2 up.

Scheffler v Rahm - Europe win 1 hole. Hopefully Rahm has just enough energy left to get over the line as there's no doubting that his balls are made of steel.

Douchebageau v Garcia - Europe win 2 up. Sergio to produce the goods.

Morikawa v Hovland - Match halved. Viktor seizes the moment.

Johnson v Casey - US win 4&3. Casey is done.

Koepka v Weisberger - Europe win 1 hole. Come on Bernd !!!

Finau v Poulter - Europe win 2&1. Poulter has a legacy to protect. He can do it.

Thomas v Hatton - US win 5&4.

English v Westwood - US win 4&3. Westwood is done.

Spieth v Fleetwood - Match halved. Fleetwood needs to make some amends. Today is the day.

Berger v Fitzpatrick - US win 5&4. Fitz to maintain his zero points consistency.

This concludes the magic bean predictions of the FP jury.

Tuesday's Euromillions winning numbers are 8, 19, 22, 28, 41. Lucky Stars are 3 & 11.

You're welcome.

🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺

15 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Don't think so tbh, they've just been outgunned by a better team.

Rahm is no 1 on the OWGR, Hovland is 14th, 10 of the US team are in between them.

There were a lot of players I feared for coming into this and sadly it's turned out be well founded. Hovland has been a disappointment tbh, thought he would have played much better than he has done. I'm not surprised at Poulter, Fitzpatrick, Rory and Westwood playing poorly, it's what they have been doing most of the year.

Talking on Sky about top loading the singles.

After Rahm, Garcia and Lowry (and maybe Hatton?), who goes next?

I wouldn't even say Garcia has played particularly well, he's ridden on the coattails of Rahm somewhat, if he'd been paired with anyone else in the team he'd be sitting on 0 points most likely. They were close to throwing away the fourballs last night until Rahm pulled it out the bag. I guess we'll see tonight because DeChambeau hasn't been at his best either, if Garcia is playing well he should be able to win that. Lowry too, played okay and holed a couple of good putts last night. In fairness he looked better without McIlroy.

47 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Schauffele v McIlroy - US win 5&4 - The crowd will torture McIlroy and he will implode spectacularly.

Cantlay v Lowry - Europe win 2 up.

Scheffler v Rahm - Europe win 1 hole. Hopefully Rahm has just enough energy left to get over the line as there's no doubting that his balls are made of steel.

Douchebageau v Garcia - Europe win 2 up. Sergio to produce the goods.

Morikawa v Hovland - Match halved. Viktor seizes the moment.

Johnson v Casey - US win 4&3. Casey is done.

Koepka v Weisberger - Europe win 1 hole. Come on Bernd !!!

Finau v Poulter - Europe win 2&1. Poulter has a legacy to protect. He can do it.

Thomas v Hatton - US win 5&4.

English v Westwood - US win 4&3. Westwood is done.

Spieth v Fleetwood - Match halved. Fleetwood needs to make some amends. Today is the day.

Berger v Fitzpatrick - US win 5&4. Fitz to maintain his zero points consistency.

This concludes the magic bean predictions of the FP jury.

Tuesday's Euromillions winning numbers are 8, 19, 22, 28, 41. Lucky Stars are 3 & 11.

You're welcome.

🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺  🇪🇺 🇪🇺 🇪🇺

Schauffele v McIlroy - Comfortable US win.McIlroy has looked miles off all week. Be lucky if it gets to the 15th.
Cantlay v Lowry - Lowry to be unable to produce the kind of inspiration he found yesterday and be eased out by Cantlay as US close on victory.
Scheffler v Rahm - Rahm will win if he hasn't completely drained his well. Clearly a better golfer.
Dechambeau v Garcia - Garcia's record in Singles is patchy for all his great overall record and he's been largely carried by Rahm this week. Match will be the most exciting of the day with both players all over the place but Dechambeau to win probably 2&1 or One hole.
Morikawa v Hovland - People to keep telling us Hovland is the next big thing in European golf whilst he meekly caves in to the already big thing in World golf. 5&3.
Johnson v Casey - Casey's shown little all week, Johnson's barely lost a hole. Very comfortable.
Koepka v Weisberger - I've not seen Weisberger play this week to be fair but there's always someone comes out of nowhere to get a point in singles. Koepka to already be drinking beer by the back nine and not give a damn.
Finau v Poulter - Halved. Defies logic as Finau's been good and Poulter, well, hasn't. But I think he may scramble his way to a surprise half. He's got more chance of doing so if the game by any chance still matters deep into the match. He thrives on adreniline does Poults.
Thomas v Hatton - Hatton to start brightly and crash spectacularly to lose by 3&1.
English v Westwood - Can't see Westwood getting anything. He looked done at the last Ryder Cup.
Spieth v Fleetwood - Not sure about this one. Fleetwood has shown little but Speith strikes me as the kind to chuck it once the Cup is inevitably clinched.
Berger v Fitzpatrick - Christ knows but Fitzpatrick has shown nothing to indicate he's a Ryder Cup standard player either. His chances probably lie only in Berger not caring by then. I've no idea if he will but given I went for Fleetwood I'll counter with Berger.

US to win the singles 8.5 to 3.5 and clinch a 19.5 to 8.5 win.

Edited by Skyline Drifter