Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, Namond Brice said:

How has Scheffler's ball finished in the middle of that path when we just saw it roll past that woman on the far edge of the path ?

according to shot tracker he got a drop, maybe due to TV tower (i've long since muted the sound on TV)

1 minute ago, Namond Brice said:

How has Scheffler's ball finished in the middle of that path when we just saw it roll past that woman on the far edge of the path ?

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Should it not have been left by about 15 yards?

according to shot tracker he got a drop, maybe due to TV tower (i've long since muted the sound on TV)
I was just thinking exactly the same thing. Should it not have been left by about 15 yards?
Coltart said it was a line of sight drop due to the tv tower, think it was more likely due to the grandstand tbh.

I feel like all I do at Ryder Cup is moan about Sky's coverage but for 4 golf matches it is absolute awful, especially in fourballs where you've no idea whether a second shot onto the green is good as you don't know where the opponents are.

There's no reason to be showing anything but the winning putts from matches 1&3 now and should be every shot from 2&4

Edited by Fuctifano

Just now, peasy23 said:

Coltart said it was a line of sight drop due to the tv tower, think it was more likely due to the grandstand tbh.

I know they're not really an integral part of the golf course, but there's a large part of me that thinks if you don't want your line of sight to be blocked by a grandstand, don't hit your ball 60 yards left of the fairway.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That’s fair enough I suppose.

Though there is always a thought in my mind that if a professional golfer hits it that far left or right then they should just have to deal with the consequences.