Golfers Thread

Gaz

Looking at the foursomes it looks like Europe 3-1 after them only westy and fitzy letting us down.

Yes I'm now at the "going to win easily 17-11 " stage of the Ryder cup week 
2-2 is my prediction, Rahm/Garcia and Casey/Hovland to bring in the points.
If I've know anything about golf, it's that the Ryder Cup is totally unpredictable.
I'm still predicting 2.5-1.5 Europe after that though
You've all got a better chance of being right than Brandel Chamblee, who reckons the US will lead 5-0 after the foursomes.

I'll go 3-1 USA. They tend to start well and I really like the Johnson/Morikawa pairing, while I have the fear about Westwood/Fitzpatrick in their match. I'll say the top and bottom matches will be halved.

The Ryder Cup app has McIlroy out with Lowry - surely a mistake rather than a Covid call-off for Poulter?

Edited by Slacker

I'll go 3-1 USA. They tend to start well and I really like the Johnson/Morikawa pairing, while I have the fear about Westwood/Fitzpatrick in their match. I'll say the top and bottom matches will be halved.
The Ryder Cup app has McIlroy out with Lowry - surely a mistake rather than a Covid call-off for Poulter?
I would assume it's a mistake, there's no mention anywhere of a change.

Even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, how good is Spieth and Thomas against Rahm and Garcia as an opening match?

Sky currently simulcasting the NBC coverage, hopefully they have their own stuff later on.

ETA: Actually looks like a shared broadcast. That might be quite good tbh

Edited by Mark Connolly

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm hoping that somehow they've found some form this week. I think Fitzpatrick finished well at the PGA so hopefully he's starting to get his act together. 

I've heard reports on twitter that Fitzpatrick is absolutely flushing it this week tbf.

26 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Even if you didn't have a dog in the fight, how good is Spieth and Thomas against Rahm and Garcia as an opening match?

Sky currently simulcasting the NBC coverage, hopefully they have their own stuff later on.

ETA: Actually looks like a shared broadcast. That might be quite good tbh

It’s been like that all week mate., Bounces between the NBC stuff with Duval and co to the Sky cart with Colthart, Laura Davies and the insufferable Henni Koyack