Golfers Thread

Gaz

_44972467_teams416x300.jpg.6d7a8c1034c95cfebe9bbef5e5f0e827.jpg

The opening match of the 2004 Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills Michigan. In a show of strength and intimidation, US captain Hal Sutton sent out the undisputed no.1 and no.2 in the world Woods and Mickelson in the opening fourballs. They were defeated 2&1 by Montgomery and Harrington, before being defeated in the afternoon foursomes by the pairing of Clark and Westwood, contributing to a record 9.5-18.5 defeat. 

_44972467_teams416x300.jpg.6d7a8c1034c95cfebe9bbef5e5f0e827.jpg
The opening match of the 2004 Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills Michigan. In a show of strength and intimidation, US captain Hal Sutton sent out the undisputed no.1 and no.2 in the world Woods and Mickelson in the opening fourballs. They were defeated 2&1 by Montgomery and Harrington, before being defeated in the afternoon foursomes by the pairing of Clark and Westwood, contributing to a record 9.5-18.5 defeat. 
Heard a podcast with Westwood a while back and I'm sure he said that he and Clarke had beaten world number 1 and 2s paired together a few times.

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I raise you Nick Faldo 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I did consider him. He's definitely Europe's worst. Faldo up against Sutton would have been quite something. 

Aahhh no I'm at the "we have a chance' lads please nobody mention him again he is Europes Scottish play and should be airbrushed from Ryder Cup history 

6 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

Yeah, locally they call the practice area "Leven Links" 😉

Best to use the range at Wellsgreen if you want a decent pre-game practice.

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Expected a bit better for such a highly rated course, but a net will have to do!

I’m sure they have a practice range there that runs parallel to the 18th, although you need to use your own balls. There’s also nets and a putting green.

Garcia and Westwood eh. What is this, 2006 ?

They do have a good record tbf. Unbeaten in foursomes.

The 3 partnerships on the left look good, play those 3 all 4 sessions and rotate the others in.

Edited by Namond Brice

Europes-1995-Ryder-Cup-victory.jpg.5a66084e88dbbe1422659be0b69e31c9.jpg

Irish rookie Phillip Walton, in his only Ryder Cup appearance, celebrates after beating Jay Haas on the last hole to clinch the 1995 Ryder Cup at Oak Hill, New York. Trailing 9-7 going into the singles, this was the first time Europe had come from behind on the final day to win the cup.

Edited by Namond Brice