Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played in Wednesday sweep today. 39 stableford points with 20 out and 19 back. Round in 75 blows less 7 for a nett 68. No worse than a bogey on my card. Couple of annoying 3 putts one of which meant a par after hitting the green on a par 5 in two shots and also missed from about 3 feet for a birdie on 17th. 

Overall a very pleasing round to follow a couple of good competition rounds at the weekend too. I reckon my handicap index should be down to an all time low of 6.6. Really chuffed with how I've played this season.

26 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Played in Wednesday sweep today. 39 stableford points with 20 out and 19 back. Round in 75 blows less 7 for a nett 68. No worse than a bogey on my card. Couple of annoying 3 putts one of which meant a par after hitting the green on a par 5 in two shots and also missed from about 3 feet for a birdie on 17th. 

Overall a very pleasing round to follow a couple of good competition rounds at the weekend too. I reckon my handicap index should be down to an all time low of 6.6. Really chuffed with how I've played this season.

Great form mate 

**Fantasy Golf Week 36**

x6Ik6mr-_400x400.jpg.7663b0220d773cc4498bddd9be433d98.jpg

HBo

Billy boy Horschel was up to his knees in European Tour blood after winning the flagship event at Wentworth, adding to his World Matchplay title. Not bad for someone who never even got a sniff of a Ryder Cup place. He's also one of the new breed of golfers who like to have their own personal logo. Bit weird imo.

Overall Standings 

2110 @die hard doonhamer

1838 @lichtie23

1825 @Ro Sham Bo

1788 @Tartan Dave

1762 @peasy23

1590 @J_Stewart

1539 @alta-pete

1517 @Honest_Man#1

1497 @Namond Brice

1471 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

1239 @Distant Doonhamer

6evcheewcmx61.thumb.jpg.d296dc0da12a9a0fe6801d395936961a.jpg

The PGA Tour 2021/22 season begins this week with the Fortinet Championship at the Silverado Resort in the Napa Valley in California. An area more known for vinyards than golf courses. Not the best field with it being the 1st week back and the Ryder Cup next week, plenty Korn Ferry graduates making their debut. John Rahm is here though, so just imagine a bunch of fresh faced P1s on their first day at shool versus a big P7 bully.

Bernardus-2_950x534.jpg.1ab4030233b54275794473f1cc794273.jpg

A similar story for the Dutch Open, being held for the first time at the tidy looking Bernardus Golf Club, as the European Tour takes it's annual trip to the land of tulips, windmills, drugs and hookers.

The-Times-feature.thumb.jpg.6feb217ae5c3f1016efbbdbdb3ac0ee2.jpg

**Fantasy Golf**

The Race to Whistling Straits 

happy-gilmore-adam-sandler.gif.4cab11c98026cebbffcc7c27d99e8a2d.gif

Billy Horschel's win at the BMW PGA Championship means that @die hard doonhamer now cannot be caught at the top of the table with 1 week remaining until the Ryder Cup. There was a run of 4 winners in the space of 5 weeks during a sensational 9 week run where he surprisingly only topped the weekly points scored once, but was just relentlessly consistant. Thoroughly deserved.

Shout out to @Ro Sham Bo and a late run by @lichtie23 for pushing the winner all the way.

1470 @die hard doonhamer

1265 @Ro Sham Bo

1255 @peasy23

1253 @lichtie23

1233 @Tartan Dave

1101  @Honest_Man#1

947 @J_Stewart

933 @Namond Brice

901 @alta-pete

817 @Distant Doonhamer

746 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

200-19.gif.30f44212880f43b4dd9a5a85044d9899.gifSo, congratulations to @die hard doonhamer on his victory. You have £10 (2x£5) free bets to use on any Skybet Ryder Cup market. Have a look and let me know what you fancy.

Edited by Namond Brice

4 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Well done mate, been great reading since you started this, no idea why I never put a team in. 

Consider my cap doffed Sir!!!! 

Cheers m8. I'll be running it again next year, so keep an eye out.

11 hours ago, Namond Brice said:

**Fantasy Golf**

The Race to Whistling Straits 

happy-gilmore-adam-sandler.gif.4cab11c98026cebbffcc7c27d99e8a2d.gif

Billy Horschel's win at the BMW PGA Championship means that @die hard doonhamer now cannot be caught at the top of the table with 1 week remaining until the Ryder Cup. There was a run of 4 winners in the space of 5 weeks during a sensational 9 week run where he surprisingly only topped the weekly points scored once, but was just relentlessly consistant. Thoroughly deserved.

Shout out to @Ro Sham Bo and a late run by @lichtie23 for pushing the winner all the way.

1470 @die hard doonhamer

1265 @Ro Sham Bo

1255 @peasy23

1253 @lichtie23

1233 @Tartan Dave

1101  @Honest_Man#1

947 @J_Stewart

933 @Namond Brice

901 @alta-pete

817 @Distant Doonhamer

746 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

200-19.gif.30f44212880f43b4dd9a5a85044d9899.gifSo, congratulations to @die hard doonhamer on his victory. You have £10 (2x£5) free bets to use on any Skybet Ryder Cup market. Have a look and let me know what you fancy.

Europe to win 15-13.

Ian Poulter to be the top event point scorer.

Go big or go home, I guess!

Thanks once again for running this, it's made me pay much closer attention to the results every week, and been very enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Europe to win 15-13.

Thanks once again for running this, it's made me pay much closer attention to the results every week, and been very enjoyable.

Interested to know the odds on those! 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Europe to win 15-13.

Let's go !!!!! (Starts singing Olė, Olė, Olė out of tune)

336637048_Screenshot_20210916-093720_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.4f1c94141e6dfa052774961e22b64898.jpg

884468464_Screenshot_20210916-093703_SkyBet.thumb.jpg.d05805de1c90536a39796f94f5c8c729.jpg

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone played/a member of Pitlochry? Potentially have an opportunity to play it this weekend if I can wrangle the spare time but the £50 price tag is putting me off a bit. 

I've only played it once and it was about 10 years ago and it was a decent enough course but there's nothing about it that really sticks in my memory, which maybe says a lot.

I'm not sure I would recommend shelling out £50 for a round there.

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've only played it once and it was about 10 years ago and it was a decent enough course but there's nothing about it that really sticks in my memory, which maybe says a lot.

I'm not sure I would recommend shelling out £50 for a round there.

From pictures it doesn't look like it's anything special, so I was a bit confused at the £50 for a round. If I can get a deal down to about £30 I might go for it but the times offered at that price don't suit me at the moment. 

19 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone played/a member of Pitlochry? Potentially have an opportunity to play it this weekend if I can wrangle the spare time but the £50 price tag is putting me off a bit. 

I played it this summer.  Nice course, but you'll get it much cheaper than that on Golf Now.  Think We paid £25

edit: We also played Strathtay which is a lovely little 9 hole course, honesty box outside.  I think it was £15

Edited by KnightswoodBear

On 16/09/2021 at 13:16, The Moonster said:

Bejesus I wouldn't be paying that for a round there.Nice enough course but the green fee is defo set to catch the heading to highlands let's stop off in that town crowd.Think I only paid £15 a couple of years ago

Played Longniddry during the week with a couple of members. Nice course, enjoyed it. 

Ive made a major boo boo and bought a ticket to see Razorlight at a festival in Glasgow next Sunday. I got the tickets weeks ago and didn’t realise it clashed with the Ryder Cup, I might take my AirPods and hope the 4G is good enough for SkyGo. 

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Bejesus I wouldn't be paying that for a round there.Nice enough course but the green fee is defo set to catch the heading to highlands let's stop off in that town crowd.Think I only paid £15 a couple of years ago

Totally. Blair Atholl's 9 holer is just as pleasant and about £30 for 18 holes I believe.