Golfers Thread

Gaz

40 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I only use the app to keep an eye on my handicap All my other golf stuff is on Intelligent Golf app. What a it you don’t like about Scottish Golf app?

It’s just far to buggy and crashes constantly. I played 9 holes tonight with a couple of pals and we decided to put in Gen play scorecards. After finishing the 9th we went to sign our cards but it wouldn’t let us as the app was telling us we were all between  1.8 KM and 2.5 KM away from the course. So we will get a penalty score tommorow. Iv emailed the committee and they said they will adjust it but it’s still a massive pain in the testicles. 

Just reading some comments on Twitter. Obviously great to see Bob, Calum and Grant Forrest doing well. The common denominator is that all 3 played college golf in the US. Have we lost the ability to produce home grown talent without them getting that competitive experience that the US college system provides?
I think it's down to funding, the us players have a big advantage before they go pro were most otter countries have smaller pools of money spread more thinly

It’s just far to buggy and crashes constantly. I played 9 holes tonight with a couple of pals and we decided to put in Gen play scorecards. After finishing the 9th we went to sign our cards but it wouldn’t let us as the app was telling us we were all between  1.8 KM and 2.5 KM away from the course. So we will get a penalty score tommorow. Iv emailed the committee and they said they will adjust it but it’s still a massive pain in the testicles. 
We've been advised to use howdidido for our general play scores as it isn't GPS dependant like the Scottish Golf app is.

28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

We've been advised to use howdidido for our general play scores as it isn't GPS dependant like the Scottish Golf app is.

My club doesn’t use howdidido unfortunately 

Aye that would be a real pain.
Our club uses the Intelligent Golf app. I’ve been generally impressed by it.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Aye that would be a real pain.
Our club uses the Intelligent Golf app. I’ve been generally impressed by it.

I’m sitting there with a penalty score of 100 on my app……..and it’s frustrating the f**k out of me! I’m being petty that way tho 

What were the odds that an organisation with a history of backing white elephants such as Scottish Golf would develop an App that doesn't work as well as others, but punish the players who have no other choice than to use it???

We cottoned on to that GPS restriction early on and advised everyone to use Howdidido for casual scores instead, but it's a joke that a functioning option isn't available for all golfers given we've all paid the same fee to Scottish Golf.

Played the Tuesday medal last night.....coming down 17th about to hit my approach to the green and the clubhouse alarm goes off on my backswing......duffed my shot.  Was walking to the green when it dawned on me that I was the "key holder" and right enough the alarm company called me just as I was about to putt (didnt really need someone in England phoning me up to tell me the alarm had gone off though)  Holed out (bogey) nipped home (I live really close to the 17th green) got my key, ran up to the clubhouse and re-set the alarm and then joined the next group on the 18th tee...got my par.

May have been a better story if I was on a score but I NR'd at the 14th with a lost ball.

Only broken 90 once since I started again, but thought I was in with a shout today. 5, 5, 3, 5, 3 start... and then the wheels came off. Again. f**k me but my putting is shite, which doesn't help. 5 penalty shots as well due to lost/wayward drives, so if I could eliminate them and sort my putting I *should* be mid/low 80s, and frankly at my age I'd be delighted with it.

Just looking at the Ryder Cup Standings with 3 weeks to go

The 9 European places are

Rahm
Fleetwood
Hatton
McIlroy
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

with Perez, Macintyre, Poulter, Migliozzi, and Wiesberger in the hunt.

The US have 6 auto qualifiers and 6 picks this time round, their 6 are 

Morikawa (qualified)
DJ
Broidson
Brooks
Thomas
Schauffele

For Europe you'd think Poulter would be guaranteed a slot if he doesn't play his way in, but would Harrington go with experience like Garcia or Rose or some of the younger guys? As it stands there's only Hovland and Lowry as rookies.

For the USA, Reed and Spieth will be definites as will any of the 6 listed if they drop below 6th.

I think there's a good chance Webb Simpson (Currently 13th) plays as he's apparently one of the few guys who doesn't despise the bro-scientist. Finau and Cantlay will be in as well I think and then pick one from the likes of English, Berger, Scheffler. Good chance for someone to play himself in as a form horse between now and 13th September.

Rahm
Fleetwood
Hatton
McIlroy
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

Morikawa (qualified)
DJ
Broidson
Brooks
Thomas
Schauffele
For Europe you'd think Poulter would be guaranteed a slot if he doesn't play his way in, but would Harrington go with experience like Garcia or Rose or some of the younger guys? As it stands there's only Hovland and Lowry as rookies.
For the USA, Reed and Spieth will be definites as will any of the 6 listed if they drop below 6th.
I think there's a good chance Webb Simpson (Currently 13th) plays as he's apparently one of the few guys who doesn't despise the bro-scientist. Finau and Cantlay will be in as well I think and then pick one from the likes of English, Berger, Scheffler. Good chance for someone to play himself in as a form horse between now and 13th September.
Harrington has made it fairly clear that he won't pick a rookie as a Captain's pick. Poulter looks nailed on for one at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Rahm
Fleetwood
Hatton
McIlroy
Hovland
Casey
Fitzpatrick
Westwood
Lowry

Morikawa (qualified)
DJ
Broidson
Brooks
Thomas
Schauffele

I'll be shocked if Harrington doesn't select Poulter, Garcia and Rose. I think he'll partly be influenced by how well the experienced picks did in France and partly because none of the potential rookies are really making that strong a case at the moment. Perez looked a certainty 6 months ago but has no real form at the moment. Unless one of them wins a tournament before the cut off I can't see them getting in. 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Speaking of the Ryder Cup Team, a wildcard selection wouldn't come any more left field than this....

clipping (24).jpg

Was he still at Celtic when he won the Open......

Someones had to work in the Sports department against their wishes.......