Golfers Thread

Gaz

Links courses looking absolutely scorched at the moment. Intrigued to play Dumbarnie on Sunday if it’s like that.
Not just links courses, couple of our fairways are quite brown.

Bob bogeyed his last hole (the 9th), after hitting 3 birdies up til then. Looks like missing the cut at the 3M by a single shot.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

It now transpires that Glasgow City Council sold Lethamhill Golf Course to the R&A for just £200k, less than the average cost of a house in the city.

Horrendous deal for GCC, though I'm sure nobody is surprised. On the plus side, they won't be fucking up running the place any more.

Played Royal Aberdeen last night for the first time this year. It’s in absolutely impeccable condition. One of my favourite courses, and was playing with some of the same mates that are playing next weekend, so the excitement between the four of us was palpable. Great fun.

It now transpires that Glasgow City Council sold Lethamhill Golf Course to the R&A for just £200k, less than the average cost of a house in the city.
That's a joke, the land alone would be worth ten times that at a minimum

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

33 minutes ago, cas79 said:
10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

That's a joke, the land alone would be worth ten times that at a minimum

I'm guessing it was the only deal on the table to keep it as a golf course.Selling it as land would have seen it bulldozed and new builds spring up 

Rahmbo is the same 
Second time he has tested positive in the last couple of months, being forced to withdraw at the Memorial.

He had returned two negative PCR tests, but his third and final one came back positive.

Patrick Reed taking DeChambeau's place, but there isn't enough time for Spain to get someone in to replace Rahm.

Second time he has tested positive in the last couple of months, being forced to withdraw at the Memorial.

He had returned two negative PCR tests, but his third and final one came back positive.

Patrick Reed taking DeChambeau's place, but there isn't enough time for Spain to get someone in to replace Rahm.

Is this after being vaccinated aswel

When I tested positive last month  I was told / read there was no point in taking another PCR test within 3 months as you'd still show as positive on a PCR due to bits of the virus (technical term) floating about in your system. 

Wonder how long the conversation with Koepka lasted when they asked him to replace Broidson. 😄

21 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

Played Royal Aberdeen last night for the first time this year. It’s in absolutely impeccable condition. One of my favourite courses, and was playing with some of the same mates that are playing next weekend, so the excitement between the four of us was palpable. Great fun.

I played there a couple of weeks ago and never seen it look so good - the aprons round the greens are like fantastic greens.  I am playing the five day open at Nairn as of tomorrow and I believe it is in great condition too - a few weeks after hosting the Amateur.

Had a great week - handicap down to 7.4 (was 12.5 about 5 weeks ago)  Played a couple of stablefords on Wednesday and Saturday scoring a career best 42 points on both occasions.  just played this morning and failed to keep the run going but didnt play badly......it's just bizarre for me trying to play to a 7 handicap when I have spent the last 30 years around 10 - 13 (apart from a few weeks at 9 about 12 years ago)  

Loving my golf at present........hard not to in this great weather