Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

Is there no room for Si-Woo the putter snapper? Not sure if I’ve missed him but scanned a couple times and can’t see. Struggling to pick a couple slots. I’m sure you can guess who was first on my list though 🇿🇦  🤦🏻‍♂️ 

He never made the cut at the start of the year, as it was pretty much the top 100 in WGR or the top guys of last years money lists. He should make it next year alongside the likes of Max Homa and Will Zalatoris and others who have had breakthrough seasons, whilst some of the zero pointers and low scorers in this years list will drop out.

36 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Wee trip down the coast to play Longniddry today.

Played their open this year. It’s a decent enough course, but no standout holes for me, a bit dull overall. Think the usual green fee is £70-80 and I’d feel a bit ripped off paying that.

1 hour ago, cas79 said:
19 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Been down to see the Pro and have treated myself to a new Driver, 3 wood and Hybrid. 

I treated myself to a set of 921s on the 5th 4-6 week wait, I'm counting the days what did you go for

Sim 2's, 8 week wait for me :bairn

58 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Played their open this year. It’s a decent enough course, but no standout holes for me, a bit dull overall. Think the usual green fee is £70-80 and I’d feel a bit ripped off paying that.

Aye, it's not an £80 course, getting on for 32 quid today, which is fair enough, last time I played it a few years ago, it was in tremendous condition. I think it suffers from both having a split personality and being next door to a bunch of top class courses. 

57 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

@Frank Sobotka

Please transfer out Tiger and replace with Speith for me.

Done.

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Do you not fancy Tiger to qualify for the Fedex Cup?

He may be the goat, but not superhuman unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

Aye, it's not an £80 course, getting on for 32 quid today, which is fair enough, last time I played it a few years ago, it was in tremendous condition. I think it suffers from both having a split personality and being next door to a bunch of top class courses. 

Done.

I felt it was a very well maintained, but fairly dull layout. £20 for the open was good value, but £80 would be a rip off.

49 minutes ago, cas79 said:
9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:
Sim 2's, 8 week wait for me :bairn

Nice, liked the fairways but never got on with the driver

Took me a fair few goes to get anything like a decent strike out of the tester ones he brought down.  They're so light compared to my RBZ's.

He's also recommended a bit more loft on the new ones compared to my old ones. 

When I did finally catch the driver right, it was almost a "I'll take it" moment.  

Took me a fair few goes to get anything like a decent strike out of the tester ones he brought down.  They're so light compared to my RBZ's.
He's also recommended a bit more loft on the new ones compared to my old ones. 
When I did finally catch the driver right, it was almost a "I'll take it" moment.  
I was similar with the speedzone went down to 9.0 throw in a reg 60g shaft and bang 242 average and over 60% fairways hit, things a beast

Balmore 18th today Screenshot_2021-07-22-19-16-10-744_com.shotscope.thumb.jpg.1dfad991ed96069fad247b71fc58aeb2.jpg

12 hours ago, cas79 said:

I was similar with the speedzone went down to 9.0 throw in a reg 60g shaft and bang 242 average and over 60% fairways hit, things a beast

Balmore 18th today Screenshot_2021-07-22-19-16-10-744_com.shotscope.thumb.jpg.1dfad991ed96069fad247b71fc58aeb2.jpg

I saved this one from a few weeks ago, because it looks amazing.

The reality is that the 18th at Whitecraigs has a steep downward hill about 260 from the tee.  It was really dry and I caught my 3w as sweet as I ever have and found my ball miles down the fairway. 

I wish I'd saved my one from the Jubilee at St Andrews when I played earlier this year in what felt like a force 10 gale.  Had the wind directly behind us off the 18th and my app tracked my drive at 381yds 😆 

Edit: wrong hole, fnarr 

Screenshot_20210604-221413_Golfshot.jpg

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Played a team match at Ladybank last night - I absolutely LOVE it when fairways are dry and brown, it totally changes the nature of approaching the greens and brings hazard into play that you never normally bother about. Shame we only get to see these conditions every few years.

The club had just hosted a Faldo Series tournament, so the pins were tucked into some great positions and the greens were pretty damned slick - think a few off them terrified our opponents, given the score... 😁

Played a team match at Ladybank last night - I absolutely LOVE it when fairways are dry and brown, it totally changes the nature of approaching the greens and brings hazard into play that you never normally bother about. Shame we only get to see these conditions every few years.
The club had just hosted a Faldo Series tournament, so the pins were tucked into some great positions and the greens were pretty damned slick - think a few off them terrified our opponents, given the score... [emoji16]

Played at Ladybank a few weeks back. It was in great condition.