Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

MacIntyre starts with a solid level par round and puts him inside the top 25.

Laird was - 2 at the turn but came back in +5 and has work to do to make the cut. 

How much I watch of this tonight depends on how much of a horror show a certain match at Wembley turns into. 

I'll be lucky if I'm conscious by the time the golf comes on

Another NR today, but as it was a stableford it's not a disaster, still managed 39 points. Think there was only 1 other hole with zero points.

Adjusted gross showing on the Scottish golf app as 88, which will replace a 95, so it will be a 3rd straight cut and possibly quite a big one.

17 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Another NR today, but as it was a stableford it's not a disaster, still managed 39 points. Think there was only 1 other hole with zero points.

Adjusted gross showing on the Scottish golf app as 88, which will replace a 95, so it will be a 3rd straight cut and possibly quite a big one.

The new system was designed for people like you

image.aspx?i=33610-Large%20Bandit.png&w=

Spoiler

Well played, deserved cut

MacIntyre posts a 72. Slightly spoiled by bogeying the last but a respectable enough effort. 
He'll be raging, going by the shot tracker he laid up, but put his wedge shot right to the back of the green then three putted for 6. 4 shots to get down from 80 odd yards out in the fairway isn't great.

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

There should be rules against having majors on the west coast of America.

Yeah I made it to midnight....was surprised I made it that far as I got back from Wembley at lunchtime 🤣

Anyway would be nice to see Louis win it but the hype around Rors and deroidbeau is going to be nuts later on today and the mute button will be getting a workout when Mcginley is on comms duty...just have Murray/beemer and coltart/faxon as the commentators in shifts with radar doing some stuff and feed Mcginley to the rattlesnakes 

Feel a bit sorry for Bland, that was a horror show from him on the back 9. 
Henley dropping a couple of shots and only parring the last keeps it a lot tighter than it could have been. It's a stellar chasing pack with 6 of the top 11 on the OWGR making up the bulk of the rest of the players under par behind the leaders.

Paul Azinger among the pundits who think Bryson deliberately aimed a drive into the crowd and didn't shout fore.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

There should be rules against having majors on the west coast of America.

Agreed. I've hardly watched any of this because I know there's not much hope of seeing much of the back 9. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it goes. 

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:
10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
MacIntyre posts a 72. Slightly spoiled by bogeying the last but a respectable enough effort. 

He'll be raging, going by the shot tracker he laid up, but put his wedge shot right to the back of the green then three putted for 6. 4 shots to get down from 80 odd yards out in the fairway isn't great.

Yeah, a birdie at the last and a top 10 finish would've been within reach. 

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep. 

At least they are out a little earlier in round 4 than they were yesterday. Leaders tee off at 8.55pm (UK time).

ROUND 4 TEE TIMES

I’m off tomorrow and not teeing off until the back of 12 so I’ll be sitting up with a few cold refreshments and hoping big Bryson does the business just to leave you all seething!