Golfers Thread

Gaz

On 13/06/2021 at 19:02, funky_nomad said:

Feck, it's happened again...

What is wrong with all the Cat 1 players at Ladybank not having the bottle...

So, instead of being 2nd seed in the Handicap section and fancying my chances (and a decent pay-out!), I'm 15th seed and playing a scratch golfer off bare feet. 🙄

As expected, got papped out 5&4 at the first Knockout stage. Actually played solid stuff for the most part and kept it to all square after 5 holes, but I think this made him angry as he crushed his drive at the 380-yard 6th to just shy of the fringe. Ok, it was downwind, but still... 😳

I'd definitely have taken my card in a Medal, so no shame (other than a shank out of a bunker that nearly hit him on the shins 🤣), and only a couple of regrets where I should have won a couple of holes when he was a bit wayward off the tee.

Next year... 🙄

**Fantasy Golf Week 24**

Higgo_Garrick_083018_S75_0149.jpg.713b542d4e41355fa4756ac18f5e0019.jpg

Higgo in the middle

How good is Garrick Higgo ? Pretty good tbf. A first PGA title, his 3rd win in 7 weeks lifts him to 39th in the OWGR. A potential superstar in the making. Weird name mind, but could I think of any puns ? No, but he looks like the guy from Malcolm In The Middle, so I'll leave you with that.

MV5BNTc2MzM2N2YtZDdiOS00M2I2LWFjOGItMDM3OTA3YjUwNjAxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA5NjUyNjM@._V1_.thumb.jpg.26f44e415f001167e6975c9cb9e436da.jpg

Slim pickings points wise this week, only a handful scored on the PGA and none in what was an extremely low-key Euro event, so just an overall table this week.

Overall Standings 

1046 @die hard doonhamer

972 @Tartan Dave

962 @alta-pete

950 @Ro Sham Bo

945 @lichtie23

931 @J_Stewart

880 @Avon Barksdale

863 @Mr Kane and the lemon cafe

851 @peasy23

829 @Honest_Man#1

738 @Distant Doonhamer

220px-Torrey_Pines_Golf_Course_plaque.jpg.691cf89124c7e86c0bac3f472e76e13a.jpg

Back to La Jolla we go for the 2021 US Open. Double points on offer at the 3rd major championship of the year. We were here earlier in the year, Paddy Reed helping himself to a preferred lie on his way to lifting the Farmers.

1573163040843.jpeg.dd767f188c140ce997ae1830068f020a.jpeg

Classical American design here, which is to be admired, but imo it's a bit of a slog which doesn't make full use of it's incredible surrounds. Pretty good for a public course mind.

It will obviously play tougher this week, with 8 inch rough, conditions similar to Winged Foot last year, which may suit defending champion Bryson DeChambeau, although he heads here in average form and embroiled in his ongoing feud with 2 time winner Brooks Koepka. Previous course winner John Rahm is clear favourite after shooting a 64 at Muirfield Village whilst stuffed with the Covid.

An intriguing week awaits in San Diego.

TuFzdih.gif.3b5539af27e24c491fb64254dba1cbf3.gif

Delighted to have chucked higgo before he won 3!!!! Tournaments. Only consolation is i have at 11 places him at 125/1 for this week. Just before he won. Now he’s 55 or so (skybet)

Edited by Tartan Dave

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Day 1 of the US Open.

It's a pain in many ways that it's on the West Coast given the time difference. The final groups today don't go out until 10.42pm UK time.

Mad to think that I paid $25 each  to play both the south and north course there in 2003 

Day 1 of the US Open.
It's a pain in many ways that it's on the West Coast given the time difference. The final groups today don't go out until 10.42pm UK time.
Start delayed due to early morning fog 
Can't see everybody finishing Round 1 today with a 90 minute delay to the start.

MacIntyre starts with a solid level par round and puts him inside the top 25.

Laird was - 2 at the turn but came back in +5 and has work to do to make the cut. 

How much I watch of this tonight depends on how much of a horror show a certain match at Wembley turns into.