Golfers Thread

Gaz

The PGA handled it terribly. Imagine thinking that it was a good idea to tell him live on tv on the 18th green.
Just send him out on his own with a socially distanced marker.

It will have hit their social media engagement target big time.

The PGA handled it terribly. Imagine thinking that it was a good idea to tell him live on tv on the 18th green.
They can't let him play just because he is leading when other players have had to miss tourneys because they tested positive or were having to isolate. Agree that it was shockingly bad way to tell him, but pretty much what you expect from the PGA.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
13 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

They can't let him play just because he is leading when other players have had to miss tourneys because they tested positive or were having to isolate. Agree that it was shockingly bad way to tell him, but pretty much what you expect from the PGA.

Shouldn't his playing partners and their caddies have to self isolate too then ?

They knew he had tested positive half way through his round, but still let him finish.

4 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

Took delivery of these sexy bad boys yesterday evening - just looking down at them at address makes me feel like a proper golfer.

Could've done with them arriving 12 hours earlier as it might've saved me an absolute howler of a day in a Club Champs qualifier played in perfect conditions...

IMG_20210605_175955_2.jpg

My new Ping irons came in during the week. First shot at the range with them today, will take a bit of time getting used to as I’ve moved from graphite to steel.

8 hours ago, funky_nomad said:

Took delivery of these sexy bad boys yesterday evening - just looking down at them at address makes me feel like a proper golfer.

Could've done with them arriving 12 hours earlier as it might've saved me an absolute howler of a day in a Club Champs qualifier played in perfect conditions...

IMG_20210605_175955_2.jpg

They are absolutely beautiful. 

On 02/06/2021 at 14:49, RiG said:

Are you perhaps thinking of Luigi's? It's still on the go as far as I know.

And @Honest_Man#1 you might be interested in the Dornoch Firth Golf Pass for your trip. Might save you a few quid. Covers Tain, Golspie, Brora and the Struie course at Royal Dornoch. You can do the Championship course as well but I think you pay a top up fee to use it.

https://www.dornochfirthgolf.co.uk/

Not sure you'd get a tee time on the championship course at this stage for end if the month.

As an add on to Mr Stewart's fine summary, the Caber won't be opening this year apparently. 

The Marine in Brora sometimes do stay and golf offers so might be worth checking.

On 02/06/2021 at 11:13, Honest_Man#1 said:

@J_Stewart

If someone was planning a trip up to do Dornoch, Golspie & Brora (and/or any other better ones in that area?...), where would you recommend basing yourself? Ideally somewhere with decent pubs/restaurants for at night.

Dad likes the wee nine holer at Bonnar Bridge. Maybe not better but enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Netan Sansara said:

They are absolutely beautiful. 

Aye, they are incredibly easy on the eye, but just wait until I post a pic of the Vokey wedges in brushed steel when they arrive - instant stauner... 😍

Edited by funky_nomad

8 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

As a guy who criticises coverage often, the coverage of this has been great imo. Maybe the lack of a couple pundits...

Yes it has been good. Its a tough one for Rahm but it's led to an exciting final round. Two great putts from Cantlay and Morikawa on the 17th.

I see some moron in the gallery managed to 'inadvertently' kick Cantlay's ball there also. 

Some big names battling it out at final qualifying for the US Open. Rickie Fowler is in the field at Columbus, Ohio, and he has plenty of other familiar names for company, others in the field there include...

Harrington
Van Rooyen
Reavie
Tringale
Bradley
Cabrera Bello
Laird
Schwartzel
& Vegas.

16 spots up for grabs at that event, 8 other events on the go with varying numbers of places available. 36 holes to be played at all of them.

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final.html

22 hours ago, RH33 said:

Not sure you'd get a tee time on the championship course at this stage for end if the month.

As an add on to Mr Stewart's fine summary, the Caber won't be opening this year apparently. 

The Marine in Brora sometimes do stay and golf offers so might be worth checking.

We’ve got tee times for Dornoch, Brora and Golspie (Golspie at a frankly ludicrous £9, must be the best value ever seen in golf?).

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

We’ve got tee times for Dornoch, Brora and Golspie (Golspie at a frankly ludicrous £9, must be the best value ever seen in golf?).

Dad's club secretary there! 

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Some big names battling it out at final qualifying for the US Open. Rickie Fowler is in the field at Columbus, Ohio, and he has plenty of other familiar names for company, others in the field there include...

Harrington
Van Rooyen
Reavie
Tringale
Bradley
Cabrera Bello
Laird
Schwartzel
& Vegas.

16 spots up for grabs at that event, 8 other events on the go with varying numbers of places available. 36 holes to be played at all of them.

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final.html

Laird 4 under after round one and currently sitting tied 13th.

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Laird 4 under after round one and currently sitting tied 13th.

No sign of Russell Knox in any of those fields as far as I could see. I thought he would have given qualification a go.