Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Decided to bin my golf plans today as the forecast was dire.

Playing tomorrow. Looks like a better day for it.

I should have done that. Zero enjoyment at all from today. Currently sitting 4th in the comp 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I played an 18 hole stableford in atrocious conditions this morning. I don’t mind playing in rain but 30 mph winds makes me never want to pick up the clubs again. 

Yeah I can handle a bit of rain, but a cold, driving wind genuinely makes it very unenjoyable.

In a weeks time I’m playing the Ailsa and then Birkdale a few days later. Been looking forward to it for fucking ages and spent a fair whack on it, but if the the weather stays like this I’ll genuinely be verge of tears.

A 66 for Hill today, he's in 3rd place 3 shots behind the leader. Ramsay, Syme and Forrest can all have good finishes with a low score tomorrow.

Arnaus ended up 1 over for the day with his 9 and two other bogeys on his card, decent recovery tbf, but he's now 7 shots off the lead.

I had an op on my arm yesterday so will be out of action for a few weeks. Looks like today was a good one to miss, looking at the live scores for our medal and there is only one player with a nett score under 70 across all 3 divisions. 2 former club champions and the current one have NR'd.

Rory well in contention after a good 3 under round today. 5 birdies with a single double bogey. In 2nd place 2 shots behind the leader. He has a good record at Quail Hollow. Will he contend or hit reverse gear tomorrow?

Russell Knox well placed for a good finish at tied 16th.

15 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I played an 18 hole stableford in atrocious conditions this morning. I don’t mind playing in rain but 30 mph winds makes me never want to pick up the clubs again. 

Was out at 7.16 and off just before the rain started, but the Scottish golf app decided to stop recording my score after the 10th. Was about +12 at the time so not too much of an issue but still annoying. 

Wild day to play 36 holes yesterday, particularly as I was defending 2 of my Top 8 scores - handicap index took a bit of a hit... 😆

On the plus side, I went for my first-ever club fitting yesterday evening. Really enjoyed the experience, and now have a new bag of bats on order - happy that my swing speed was still up to snuff and the lie/shaft combo we ended up with made a huge difference to my launch angles. Can't wait 🏌️

A 66 for Hill today, he's in 3rd place 3 shots behind the leader. Ramsay, Syme and Forrest can all have good finishes with a low score tomorrow.

Arnaus ended up 1 over for the day with his 9 and two other bogeys on his card, decent recovery tbf, but he's now 7 shots off the lead.
Hill struggling despite a birdie to start, has a bogey and a double since and it's not the first time he has toiled on a Sunday when in contention. 9 shots off the lead now as Higgo has started like a train, -4 thru 7 holes, helped by an ace on the 7th.

Played in a medal today. Started with two lovely pars and finished with a birdie. Utter shit in between sadly. Had 7 (seven) double bogeys. Awful stuff.

My birdie on 18 meant I at least broke 90. 89-8 for a dismal net 81. Almost two weeks to the day since shooting a gross 74. Bloody golf 😂

Garrick Higgo cigarette his way to a 6 shot win in Tenerife, Calum Hill had started 3 behind him bit a level par 71 saw him end up on 17 under and 10 shots behind, tied for 12th. He was joined there by Connor Syme who hit a good closing 66, with Grant Forrest also hitting 66 to finish T23rd on 15 under.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Played in a medal today. Started with two lovely pars and finished with a birdie. Utter shit in between sadly. Had 7 (seven) double bogeys. Awful stuff.

My birdie on 18 meant I at least broke 90. 89-8 for a dismal net 81. Almost two weeks to the day since shooting a gross 74. Bloody golf 😂

Stupid bloody game 

Since the 1st lockdown ended my golf's been pretty consistent since I started playing more regularly. Comfortably in the mid to low 80's without ever feeling I've played 'great'. Looking at breaking 80 on more than the odd rare occasion. Worst round an 89 in some pretty unpleasant conditions.

Played Liberton on Friday, one of the shortest and simplest courses around. Perfect weather, slight breeze.

Drove it ok, only once I had to play sideways from the trees. Never lost any balls or incurred any penalty shots.

Parred 3 of the last 4 holes to shoot 97.

Head completely detached from my shoulders.

25 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Rory needs to start hitting some fairways. Rest of his game looks really good. Woodland impressive at the moment too think it’s between the two of them.

Jinxed Woodland there two dropped shots in a row.