Golfers Thread

Gaz

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Bob finishes on -1, decent start.

Was looking at his stats earlier and it shows the huge difference it makes if you are playing in WGC events and doing well at majors. In 6 tourneys this season he has earned just €3k less than he did from 17 tourneys last season, and that included a win.

I wouldn't be surprised if that tied 12th last week earned him more than his win last season. 

-1 is a solid start and leaves him in a decent position to make the cut. Hopefully he can push towards a top 20 finish or so to cap off a good few weeks. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that tied 12th last week earned him more than his win last season. 
-1 is a solid start and leaves him in a decent position to make the cut. Hopefully he can push towards a top 20 finish or so to cap off a good few weeks. 
The win was worth slightly more at €200k with last week bagging him just shy of €184k.

Saw his interview a wee while ago, said he is feeling a bit tired. Had Monday off, played a practice round Tuesday, then only practiced for an hour on Wednesday.

On 14/04/2021 at 19:14, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I've joined the old course at Musselburgh. Going to finally get a handicap after not having one for about 10 years.

Handicap is 10.8. Be nice to hit single figures this summer.

I'll also add my name to the 'the Scottish golf app is a bit shit' list.

My club have pretty much advised us just to use the Club V1/Howdidido app to enter general play scores, it gets uploaded to Scottish Golf at midnight anyway and doesn’t rely on your GPS signal working ok.

37 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

My club have pretty much advised us just to use the Club V1/Howdidido app to enter general play scores, it gets uploaded to Scottish Golf at midnight anyway and doesn’t rely on your GPS signal working ok.

Aye, I'll probably just hand cards in and use the app to check any changes.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

My club using the Intelligent Golf App. Seems to be working well so far and also gives automatic upload to the Scottish Golf.

Played in Wednesday sweep today. 37 points and currently leader in the clubhouse with a few scores to come in still. Couple of annoying 3 putts but also some really good up and downs. Scored at least one point on every hole and finished with 3 pars including a great up and down from a bunker on 18. Out in 40 and back in 40 for an nice 80-10=70. Steady stuff. Pleasing.

Handicap index down from 9.6 to 9.1 after this. Also won £15 in the sweep [emoji1]

23 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Ive played Monktonhall quite a few times with him and it's a lovely course.  Very challenging. 

He played it a few years ago in its Open qualifying set up after that had finished off the back tees.  He said it was like playing a different course. 

Got any tips/general advice for Monktonhall? Playing it in a few weeks in a 36 hole comp and never played it before 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Got any tips/general advice for Monktonhall? Playing it in a few weeks in a 36 hole comp and never played it before 

You don't want any advice from a hacker like me 🤣 

It's one of those courses that's relatively forgiving as long as you keep it out the shite.  If you do start to hit it in the rubbish you'll be in for a long day. 

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

My club using the Intelligent Golf App. Seems to be working well so far and also gives automatic upload to the Scottish Golf.

That’s what mine uses as well. Does it work the opposite way as well, as in if I input a general play score through Scottish Golf app does it feed back into Intelligent Golf?

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Bob finishes -5 safely into the weekend

Great effort by Bob. Currently tied 12th.

Knox two outside the cut line on +1 after 7 holes. Was on the cut line at -1after a birdie at 13th (his 4th hole) but dumped his tee shot in the water at the par three next to take a double bogey 5.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Hit the best 5 wood of my life today. Went like an absolute bullet on line all the way, before pitching on a sprinkler head and shooting off at right angles and bouncing through the wire fence to end up about 8 inches OB.

I then got jagged by nettles picking it up. Raging.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Hit the best 5 wood of my life today. Went like an absolute bullet on line all the way, before pitching on a sprinkler head and shooting off at right angles and bouncing through the wire fence to end up about 8 inches OB.

I then got jagged by nettles picking it up. Raging.

Ouch!

As somebody once said I love my golf and just occasionally she loves me back. Fickle mistress though.