Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, peasy23 said:

Ew returns on Schauffele and Reed, and Matsuyama in the fantasy golf, not that bad a weekend.

I swapped Matsuyama for Cam Smith. I feel a bit like Schauffele must have when he dunked his tee shot into the water on the 16th. 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

You could argue he did bottle it. But also that everyone else bottled it too.

Yeah that along with mental exhaustion is probably the reason for the subdued celebration. He was about 6 shots ahead with no more than 5 or 6 holes to play and ended up winning by just a shot. 

Good on him though, it won't take long for the manner of the win to be forgotten about. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

I don't know anything about golf, but is one over on Sunday at Augusta really bottling it? 

When you look at some of the shots he played on the back 9 you could sense he was cracking.

He was 6 clear with about 6 to play, and still gave both Zalatoris and Schauffele the oportunity to win (which they both bottled themselves).

You can probably credit Schauffele with causing that as he was completely unbothered with Zalatoris and was cruising along until the guy next to him was the one putting the pressure on.

Made the last hour much more exciting than it was looking like being though, which was very welcome!

I don't know anything about golf, but is one over on Sunday at Augusta really bottling it? 

Generally, no. In the case of Matsuyama considering how he played 13 and 15, then it absolutely would have been, and in 13 he was astonishingly lucky to get away with a terrible drive and then a baws oot mental approach. Both those holes were purely mental lapses and could certainly be considered bottle jobs if they’d conspired to cost him the tournament.

Bloody glad they didn’t though.