Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Why can't Sky Sports show any live early action?

Showing the guys on the range just now. How boring is that?

It’s absolutely brutal. Some guys have finished for the day and they’ve barely shown a thing. Bizarre stuff. 

I find the golf coverage really behind the times. What other sport, in a major event, would deny fans seeing any of the action before a certain time?

It’s absolutely brutal. Some guys have finished for the day and they’ve barely shown a thing. Bizarre stuff. 
I find the golf coverage really behind the times. What other sport, in a major event, would deny fans seeing any of the action before a certain time?
It's much worse at Augusta than any other tourney as the club still have strict control over what they will let TV show. Come The Open Sky will be showing live golf from the opening tee shot at 6.35ish on the Thursday morning.

What putt from Connors there at 7. Didn’t realise he made a hole in one earlier. 

I mind years ago a bookies put ridiculous odds up for a hole in one in the tournament and someone put a shit tonne of cash on it as it isn’t really an uncommon occurrence. It came in and they refused to pay out. Guy took them to court and the judge took one look at it and told them to f**k off and pay up. 

Butch Harman. What a guy. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

5 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Think it’s NBC/whatever channel dictates. 

I read somewhere that the only coverage use to be the back 9 on Sunday. These hillbilly southern fucks have been stuck in the stone ages for years 

Augusta controlling the transmission? 
Think it’s NBC/whatever channel dictates. 
It's Augusta that control when they are on live, I'm sure NBC would love to be live earlier.

Jammy fecker Bryson found a gap thru the trees on 8 and managed to find the green, and two putt for a birdie on 8.

Rose starting much better today.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's Augusta that control when they are on live, I'm sure NBC would love to be live earlier.

Jammy fecker Bryson found a gap thru the trees on 8 and managed to find the green, and two putt for a birdie on 8.

Rose starting much better today.

I hope Rose wins it, given that Butch Harman has tipped everyone but him.

I read somewhere that the only coverage use to be the back 9 on Sunday. These hillbilly southern fucks have been stuck in the stone ages for years 
Yep, I think this might actually have been the first time that the live featured groups on the first two days weren't hidden away on the red button. If you asked most golf fans to describe all the holes at Augusta they could pretty much nail 8-18, the early ones not so much.

Certainly as recently as a couple of years ago your live options before 7pm were press the red button and pick either the featured groups or Amen Corner.