Golfers Thread

Gaz

26 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Anyone know how long roughly you should expect a custom fit set of clubs to take from purchase to delivery?

Depends on the manufacturer. Recently some have been on a huge backlog from the end of last year as well. It can be anything from a week to 6 weeks.

If it's Wilson, their factory is in Irvine so it might be quicker!

Played in first sweep of the season today. Scored a reasonable 33 Stableford points. All going fairly solidly until the 8th where it took me 6 shots to get down from about 120 yards. Great drive then duffed a wedge shot into a bunker. Went from one bunker to another, then back beyond the first bunker. Followed up with a dreaded sh**k before then nearly chipping in for a double bogey 6 which would have given me a point. Three putted the 9th from about 12 feet for a bogey. Managed 19 points on back 9 despite scoring no points on one hole by dumping tee shot into a burn on a par 3. Lots of really good stuff undone by some really poor errors. Frustrating overall but some good stuff to maintain hope of better times ahead.

11 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

No Davis Love III write up again? Sad not to see him around. 

Yeah, his Masters write-ups are sorely missed.

Picked 5 bets for the Masters as usual - DeChambeau, Rahm, Schauffele, Koepka and Westwood outright. I’d guess arsehole Bryson is the best shout for my usual 2nd place finish.

Have DJ and Rahm as part of my ante post majors trebles and 4 folds I put on at xmas. Backed Casey and Cam Smith last month and this week went in on Rahm again, with Sergio, Wallace and Ryan Palmer who is massive at 125/1 for 11 places imo.

Spieth (22/1 a few weeks back) 

Morikawa

garcia

casey

day

smith

i also have several others as I’ve been placing all freebets and stuff on this week since the last masters. If anyones in contention I’ll mention them! Always get carried away at these majors. £800 profit over the last 8 tournaments tho

Slightly pissed off at Skybet - went heavy on Westwood e/w 3/4 weeks ago where they are paying out 5 places. Looking it up just now they're paying out on 11 places! 

So do I double up to ensure the extra placings? That'll be him then guaranteed a 12th place finish now...

Before we all start complaining about the coverage, it's worth downloading the Masters app as you will see every shot at some point.

Sandy Lyle plus 4 thru 4, birdied the second, bogeyed the third, and ran up a quadruple bogey 7 on the par 3 fourth.