Golfers Thread

Gaz

Must have been bizarre for Speith to be in contention but playing himself. Not sure of that would make you able to concentrate on your own game more, or knock you off your stride as you aren't swapping blows with your playing partner and having more time between your shots.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Just noticed that An and Na were paired together today, must be the fewest letters ever needed on the wee scoreboard they carry round with the groups.

Knox and MacIntyre could be out together tomorrow.

Knox paired with Kizzire 1.25 UK time.

MacIntyre out with List 1.15 UK time.

Has anyone watched any of the LPGA event this weekend? It's on a course called Golden Ocala which has 8 "tribute" holes, including the 12th, 13th and 16th from Augusta, one from Muirfield, the Postage Stamp from Troon and the Road Hole from St. Andrews.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Has anyone watched any of the LPGA event this weekend? It's on a course called Golden Ocala which has 8 "tribute" holes, including the 12th, 13th and 16th from Augusta, one from Muirfield, the Postage Stamp from Troon and the Road Hole from St. Andrews.

Haven't seen any of it.

Sounds interesting.

Just turned on the telly, and it happened to be just in time to see the replay of Bryson's drive at 6. Whatever you think of him (and I think he's a dick), that was seriously impressive.

Really feel for Lanto Griffin playing with him, who watches it, then plays the traditional line and hits it through the fairway into the right hand rough.

I’ll be honest, I’m warming to Bryson a bit. I think the more I see folk slate him and hear the commentators take pops at him that I want to see him do well. There’s certainly nae denying he’s exciting to watch. 
I'm still firmly in the "he's a dick" camp tbh [emoji23]

He's not as cool as John Daly was when first rocked up as an absolute nobody in 1991.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, I’m warming to Bryson a bit. I think the more I see folk slate him and hear the commentators take pops at him that I want to see him do well. There’s certainly nae denying he’s exciting to watch. 

The drive on 6 last night showed what he could be, as it seemed a genuine "fuckin yaaaaaaas!" reaction, compared to the utter shite he spouts in interviews with his managed persona. I think he could be likeable if he relaxed a bit, but every time he has a chance, he seems to double down on being a knob.

26 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm still firmly in the "he's a dick" camp tbh emoji23.png

He's not as cool as John Daly was when first rocked upmas an absolute nobody in 1991.

Nobody will be as cool as John Daly, lets be honest here.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery