Golfers Thread

Gaz

Those at 2 over make the cut right on the mark at tied 65th. At one point very near the end of round 2 those at 2 over had drifted to tied 66th and just outside the cut line.

Those making the cut on the margin include Ricky Fowler as discussed above and Pat Perez  who finished birdie, double bogey, birdie.

Patrick Reed missed the cut by one shot (shame).

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Those at 2 over make the cut right on the mark at tied 65th. At one point very near the end of round 2 those at 2 over had drifted to tied 66th and just outside the cut line.

Those making the cut on the margin include Ricky Fowler as discussed above and Pat Perez  who finished birdie, double bogey, birdie.

Patrick Reed missed the cut by one shot (same).

No-one likes to see that

On 04/03/2021 at 22:16, Ro Sham Bo said:

He was always a bit over hyped for what he achieved but he's had some fall over the last couple of years. 

Not sure Fowler was ever overhyped given he has top-10d in majors so often (2014 was ridiculous), won the Players and been a Ryder Cup stalwart.  Maybe he has fewer tour wins than people expected, but the hype was because for a time, he was always in contention.

Agree with you that his loss of form has been steep - but I was pleased to see he made the cut last night. Not my favourite player, but seems like a nice guy.

Screenshot_2021-03-06 Rickie Fowler - Wikipedia.png

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

Not sure Fowler was ever overhyped given he has top-10d in majors so often (2014 was ridiculous), won the Players and been a Ryder Cup stalwart.  Maybe he has fewer tour wins than people expected, but the hype was because for a time, he was always in contention.

Agree with you that his loss of form has been steep - but I was pleased to see he made the cut last night. Not my favourite player, but seems like a nice guy.

Screenshot_2021-03-06 Rickie Fowler - Wikipedia.png

Aye overhyped is maybe a bit harsh. He just never seemed to be great at winning, even allowing for his 2014 exploits. He looked like he had the game for the Open and I thought that might have been his best bet but it's not happened yet. 

Hopefully he'll take a bit of inspiration from Jordan Spieth and start finding his form again. 

52 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Aye overhyped is maybe a bit harsh. He just never seemed to be great at winning, even allowing for his 2014 exploits. He looked like he had the game for the Open and I thought that might have been his best bet but it's not happened yet. 

Hopefully he'll take a bit of inspiration from Jordan Spieth and start finding his form again. 

Agreed.  He seems to like the Open.  Maybe he's had his best chances but you never know.  Great to see Spieth back on form and scoring well even though his driving misses are still almost as bad as mine.  @Henderson to deliver ..... you could well be right about RF doing a Sergio.

Today's tee offs for the Scots

3.45 uk time Russell Knox and Kristoffer Ventura*

4.55 Robert MacIntyre and Jason Day

6.45 Martin Laird and Corey Connors

*If he isn't nicknamed Ace there is something far wrong.

Indeed. I bet the commentators are desperate for “Ace” Ventura to get a hole-in-one.