Golfers Thread

Gaz

Managed to get a round in before work today. The course I’m a member of has just reopened after Christmas, they furloughed the greens keepers and staff. Definitely rusty having not played in 2 and a bit months. Short game was all over the place, but some buzz to get a full 18 in again. Already booked a tee time for Friday morning to do it all again. 

Laird currently leading the field at -3. 
McIntyre and Knox both out around 6pm
First rule of the golf thread. Don't mention a Scottish player by name when they are going well, it guarantees they will drop a shot almost instantly.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Ben An was high on my list for the chop, he's done nothing this season. Then he goes round in -4 today.

MacIntyre currently -1 thru 16 holes.

I'm the same with Munoz. Never mind the cash, the Ryder Cup points, the Fedex Cup points, and the world ranking points. These guys are fighting for their fantasy golf futures. 

Guest bernardblack

That is such a vanity drive from Bryson there. Leaves himself a half wedge after a show off drive 

Edited by bernardblack

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I see Laird is - 8, turn it on, and the first shot I see is Laird driving into trouble. 

Turn off and he'll chip in for a birdie.

Cut looks like being 2 over so all 3 Scots in for the weekend and Laird and MacIntyre very well placed as things stand.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

On 04/03/2021 at 21:41, lichtie23 said:

Can’t wait to transfer Ricky Fowler out of my fantasy team 

Great fightback by Fowler today. Double bogeys to go to 5 over with 6 holes to play. Birdies the next 3 and then pars in to make the cut on the margin at 2 over.

Edit to add he'll still need a great weekend to make you any points.

Further edit. Currently tied 64th with a few still to finish. Should make the cut but not a cert.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer