Golfers Thread

Gaz

*Fantasy Golf* 

11 teams will compete for the inaugural Todger Strunk Cup.

@Henderson to deliver .....

Spoiler

Thomas

Scheffler

Reed

Perez

Ancer

Fitzpatrick 

Kokrak

English

Hojgaard

Detry

Horsfield 

Grace

@Tartan Dave

Spoiler

Thomas 

Morikawa

Reed

Hatton 

Matsuyama

MacIntyre 

Finau 

Valimaki

Munoz

Champ

Higgo

Hojgaard

@lichtie23

Spoiler

Johnson 

Im

Cantlay 

Hatton 

Ancer

MacIntyre 

Finau 

Fowler

Hojgaard

Van Rooyen

Grace

Woodland

@Erih Shtrep

Spoiler

Thomas 

Wolff

Schauffele 

Casey

Scott

Garcia

An

Detry

Horschel

Palmer

Woods

Finau

@peasy23

Spoiler

Johnson

Morikawa 

Schauffele 

Fitzpatrick 

Matsuyama 

Wiesberger

An

Valimaki 

Finau

Woodland 

Champ

Van Rooyen 

@alta-pete

Spoiler

Johnson 

Im

Reed

Fleetwood 

Oosthuizen 

Perez

Finau

Kaymer

Pepperell 

Speith

Cabrera Bello

Munoz

@J_Stewart

Spoiler

Johnson

Hovland 

Reed

Fleetwood 

Matsuyama 

Perez

Finau

Rai

English

Na

Munoz

Bezuidenhout

@die hard doonhamer

Spoiler

Johnson 

Morikawa 

Schauffele 

Hatton 

Ancer

Perez

Finau 

Bezuidenhout 

Na

Champ

Day

Todd

@Distant Doonhamer

Spoiler

McIlroy 

Wolff

Simpson 

Hatton 

Matsuyama 

MacIntyre 

Finau

Syme

Knox

Valimaki

Todd

Bezuidenhout 

@Ro Sham Bo

Spoiler

Johnson

Im

Reed

Hatton 

Matsuyama 

MacIntyre 

Munoz

Finau

Hojgaard 

Sullivan 

Kaymer

Champ

@Honest_Man#1

Spoiler

DeChambeau

Morikawa 

Reed

Fleetwood 

Oosthuizen 

MacIntyre 

Woods

Pepperell 

Na

Champ

Watson

Mickelson 

Good luck everyone, I'll get updates, league tables and a wee preview of the weeks events posted every Tuesday night/Wednesday.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

*Fantasy Golf* 

11 teams will compete for the inaugural Todger Strunk Cup.

@Henderson to deliver .....

Reveal hidden contents

Thomas

Scheffler

Reed

Perez

Ancer

Fitzpatrick 

Kokrak

English

Hojgaard

Detry

Horsfield 

Grace

@Tartan Dave

Hide contents

Thomas 

Morikawa

Reed

Hatton 

Matsuyama

MacIntyre 

Finau 

Valimaki

Munoz

Champ

Higgo

@lichtie23

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson 

Im

Cantlay 

Hatton 

Ancer

MacIntyre 

Finau 

Fowler

Hojgaard

Van Rooyen

Grace

Woodland

@Erih Shtrep

Reveal hidden contents

Thomas 

Wolff

Schauffele 

Casey

Scott

Garcia

An

Detry

Horschel

Palmer

Woods

Finau

@peasy23

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson

Morikawa 

Schauffele 

Fitzpatrick 

Matsuyama 

Wiesberger

An

Valimaki 

Finau

Woodland 

Champ

Van Rooyen 

@alta-pete

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson 

Im

Reed

Fleetwood 

Oosthuizen 

Perez

Finau

Kaymer

Pepperell 

Speith

Cabrera Bello

Munoz

@J_Stewart

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson

Hovland 

Reed

Fleetwood 

Matsuyama 

Perez

Finau

Rai

English

Na

Munoz

Bezuidenhout

@die hard doonhamer

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson 

Morikawa 

Schauffele 

Hatton 

Ancer

Perez

Finau 

Bezuidenhout 

Na

Champ

Day

Todd

@Distant Doonhamer

Reveal hidden contents

McIlroy 

Wolff

Simpson 

Hatton 

Matsuyama 

MacIntyre 

Finau

Syme

Knox

Valimaki

Todd

Bezuidenhout 

@Ro Sham Bo

Reveal hidden contents

Johnson

Im

Reed

Hatton 

Matsuyama 

MacIntyre 

Munoz

Finau

Hojgaard 

Sullivan 

Kaymer

Champ

@Honest_Man#1

Reveal hidden contents

DeChambeau

Morikawa 

Reed

Fleetwood 

Oosthuizen 

MacIntyre 

Woods

Pepperell 

Na

Champ

Watson

Mickelson 

Good luck everyone, I'll get updates, league tables and a wee preview of the weeks events posted every Tuesday night/Wednesday.

Hojgaard missing off the bottom of my list mate 

On 06/01/2021 at 20:26, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

@Mark Connolly @Day of the Lords @doulikefish @Distant Doonhamer @John Lambies Doos @alta-pete  @Honest_Man#1 @J_Stewart @peasy23 @Mr Hahn @dirty dingus @die hard doonhamer @quickoverayard @Carnoustie Young Guvnor @expatowner @KnightswoodBear

Tagging you if you've posted on this thread in the last couple of months.

Get your fantasy golf teams in please. Got 5 entries so far, so would be nice to make double figures, I'll accept entries up until Friday, on the thread or via pm.

Takes 5 minutes, 1 from each pool, 1 from each list and then another 4 to make 12 in total. Everything is on page 338, for rules, scoring, prizes etc.

Oops. The Mobile app's failure to provide notifications bites me in the arse once again 😂

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It’s a shame as the course is one of the best in the rota, and has undoubtedly been improved since Trump took over, but definitely the right decision. Hopefully he doesn’t last much longer and ownership is transferred to someone else to get it back on.

Agree, remember the women's Open being there a few years ago and it was brilliant.

Hopefully there is someone out there that could take the place off Trump but haven't heard any inclination to sell on the Trump Organisation's part unless I've missed something? The rebranding alone would cost a fortune, Trump's name is on everything bar what you'd want it on (the bog roll).

1 minute ago, Mr Hahn said:

Agree, remember the women's Open being there a few years ago and it was brilliant.

Hopefully there is someone out there that could take the place off Trump but haven't heard any inclination to sell on the Trump Organisation's part unless I've missed something? The rebranding alone would cost a fortune, Trump's name is on everything bar what you'd want it on (the bog roll).

He won’t sell it. Hopefully his family don’t have as much of an interest as him so once he’s died it could be sold on to someone the R&A are happy with.

I’ve joined Longniddry down in East Lothian it’s 916 a year and 800 joining fee over 2 years is that expensive? I told my mate and he’s says it’s expensive but I don’t see it as being pricey it’s all relative to what you want to pay but it’s a good course.... more importantly you come off spotless in the winter/crappy weather

I’ve joined Longniddry down in East Lothian it’s 916 a year and 800 joining fee over 2 years is that expensive? I told my mate and he’s says it’s expensive but I don’t see it as being pricey it’s all relative to what you want to pay but it’s a good course.... more importantly you come off spotless in the winter/crappy weather
Played there not to long ago decent course, my joining fee for sandyhills was 1200 over 3 years and 940 green fees that's with my locker too, the joining fee was reduced last year I think to 750 so around the same as your paying, most are about the same price, I'll be up for a members invite when the weather gets better [emoji13]

Played there not to long ago decent course, my joining fee for sandyhills was 1200 over 3 years and 940 green fees that's with my locker too, the joining fee was reduced last year I think to 750 so around the same as your paying, most are about the same price, I'll be up for a members invite when the weather gets better [emoji13]

I found it’s quite reasonable, only played it in the winter but it’s in great condition... greens were quite Sandy but that’s understandable for this time of year! Happily get you a members invite [emoji846]

I found it’s quite reasonable, only played it in the winter but it’s in great condition... greens were quite Sandy but that’s understandable for this time of year! Happily get you a members invite [emoji846]
Oh I'll be there mate lol, aye I enjoyed my round lest time end of summer and was in great shape I might leave leven this year and try another liked the glen and eyemouth is another I really like but I think I'll be down Ayrshire way this year

**Fantasy Golf Week1**

headshots_34099.thumb.png.d5314fe0b7ac2d9b49139b6a1d713fa4.png

Week 1 is in the books, and it was an eventful weekend at the Kapalua Plantation course.

Harris English defeated Joaquin Niemann on the 1st extra hole to record a first solo tour win in 7 years, his sixth top 10 in 6 events, including 4th at the US Open. Justin Thomas narrowly survived being cancelled for saying a homophobic slur to claim 3rd place.

Plenty popular picks such as Morikawa, DJ and Im all picked up top 20's here. So all teams managed to get at least some points on the board in the opening week.

A good start for both myself and @J_Stewart who both had English in our teams. @Distant Doonhamer bringing up the rear, but his euro heavy team haven't really got started yet.

Standings

78 @Henderson to deliver .....

58 @J_Stewart

52 @Erih Shtrep

32 @die hard doonhamer

32 @Tartan Dave

24 @peasy23

24 @lichtie23

20 @Ro Sham Bo

20 @alta-pete

16 @Honest_Man#1

8 @Distant Doonhamer

We're staying in Hawaii for week 2's Sony Open. The Waialae course will provide a different test to Kapalua. Narrow fairways and small greens put a premium on accuracy and a good putting stroke. Not the longest tour venue, shorter hitters like Zach Johnson and Kev Kisner will fancy their chances, as will bookies favourite Webb Simpson and last weeks winner English, who is in the form of his life.

Many of the big guns are taking the week off. Reed and Morikawa do play though, which probably rules them out of week 3's Abu Dhabi Championship, however, Thomas looks like he'll make the trip to the desert, and it'll be the season debut for McIlroy, Hatton and others in the fantasy league's first extra point event next week.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

Oh I'll be there mate lol, aye I enjoyed my round lest time end of summer and was in great shape I might leave leven this year and try another liked the glen and eyemouth is another I really like but I think I'll be down Ayrshire way this year

I love the glen but when it’s windy it’s unbelievably hard can’t mind what par 3 it is but it’s anything between a PW or 3 wood!! Stunning views

**Fantasy Golf Week1**
headshots_34099.thumb.png.d5314fe0b7ac2d9b49139b6a1d713fa4.png
Week 1 is in the books, and it was an eventful weekend at the Kapalua Plantation course.
Harris English defeated Joaquin Niemann on the 1st extra hole to record a first solo tour win in 7 years, his sixth top 10 in 6 events, including 4th at the US Open. Justin Thomas narrowly survived being cancelled for saying a homophobic slur to claim 3rd place.
Plenty popular picks such as Morikawa, DJ and Im all picked up top 20's here. So all teams managed to get at least some points on the board in the opening week.
A good start for both myself and [mention=30544]J_Stewart[/mention] who both had English in our teams. [mention=5057]Distant Doonhamer[/mention] bringing up the rear, but his euro heavy team haven't really got started yet.
Standings
78 [mention=69974]Henderson to deliver .....[/mention]
58 [mention=30544]J_Stewart[/mention]
52 [mention=80516]Erih Shtrep[/mention]
32 [mention=7957]die hard doonhamer[/mention]
32 [mention=65180]Tartan Dave[/mention]
24 [mention=24957]peasy23[/mention]
24 [mention=9044]lichtie23[/mention]
20 [mention=2437]Ro Sham Bo[/mention]
20 [mention=65075]alta-pete[/mention]
16 [mention=26955]Honest_Man#1[/mention]
 8 [mention=5057]Distant Doonhamer[/mention]
We're staying in Hawaii for week 2's Sony Open. The Waialae course will provide a different test to Kapalua. Narrow fairways and small greens put a premium on accuracy and a good putting stroke. Not the longest tour venue, shorter hitters like Zach Johnson and Kev Kisner will fancy their chances, as will bookies favourite Webb Simpson and last weeks winner English, who is in the form of his life.
Many of the big guns are taking the week off. Reed and Morikawa do play though, which probably rules them out of week 3's Abu Dhabi Championship, however, Thomas looks like he'll make the trip to the desert, and it'll be the season debut for McIlroy, Hatton and others in the fantasy league's first extra point event next week.

Great work. Not at all surprised to see I’m bringing up the rear given I’d forgotten all about the league until the late reminder, gave no thought at all to the schedules and generally picked golfers that I like. What could possibly go wrong! [emoji23]
Anyway looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Great fun and thanks again for organising.

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Great work. Not at all surprised to see I’m bringing up the rear given I’d forgotten all about the league until the late reminder, gave no thought at all to the schedules and generally picked golfers that I like. What could possibly go wrong! emoji23.png
Anyway looking forward to seeing how it progresses. Great fun and thanks again for organising.

No worries. You're the only one with Rory and Simpson in your team, so a couple of good weeks for those two, especially in the extra point events, will see you shoot up the table.