Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 tee start. This doesn’t feel like the masters at all

Agreed but they need to take account of less available light to get the first two rounds done.
Only 50 and ties make the cut as well- no 10 shot rule.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2020-augusta-national-announces-change-to-36-hole-cut-the-masters/amp

Agreed but they need to take account of less available light to get the first two rounds done.

Only 50 and ties make the cut as well- no 10 shot rule.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2020-augusta-national-announces-change-to-36-hole-cut-the-masters/amp

I totally understand why they are doing it and there is probably no alternate but it just takes away some of the magic for me. A bit like when they had to move the Sunday tee times up last year because of the inclement weather in Georgia

I totally understand why they are doing it and there is probably no alternate but it just takes away some of the magic for me. A bit like when they had to move the Sunday tee times up last year because of the inclement weather in Georgia

Yes I agree with that. The last round at Augusta stretching late into a Sunday evening with a suitable refreshment to sip is one of my favourite sporting events of any year. Hopefully back to a more normal event in April 🤞

Yes I agree with that. The last round at Augusta stretching late into a Sunday evening with a suitable refreshment to sip is one of my favourite sporting events of any year. Hopefully back to a more normal event in April [emoji1696]
Going to be a similar finish time this weekend going by Sky's schedule. Not that bothered as it means I'll get to see the later NFL games on Sunday night.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Would be a terrible wee shame if Bryson pulled a muscle trying to bomb it 400 yards on wet and slippy grass.

That would give him an excuse.  I'd rather just see him hit it 60yards left or right when trying to bomb it 400yds a few times and rack up a few double bogeys 

I've put my usual each way bet on Couples. Been a few years since he toyed with my emotions by having a roaring first few days before fading on the last but hope springs eternal.

A few quid on Rahm to win outright too and a flier on Champ each way for a bit more value in the can hit it for miles so might do well stakes.

I’ve got money on Jon Rahm to win outright plus a few quid each way on Webb Simpson and Matthew Wolff.

Also got a bet on Bryson to make 3 or more eagles during the week. Even that small backing by myself should be enough for him to crash and burn this week.