Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bit of fun, how many have you played of the Top 100 Courses in Scotland?

A paltry 5 for me, which I plan to bankrupt myself in rectifying.

1086656C-9A6E-416C-8D68-99B5F0CF6DD2.jpeg

Montrose 1562 and Monifeith medal, both on winter mats, and Auchterarder and Alyth when the game is supposed to be played.

1086656C-9A6E-416C-8D68-99B5F0CF6DD2.thumb.jpeg.471ce3a6856d5152177b8f29121614b3.jpeg
14. Though Forfar being above Alyth is risible. Crail Craighead is also a wild addition, although I didn't count that as I walked in seething after 9 [emoji23]

Scottish Golf.
Got it and registered today, my current handicap is 20.7, projected on the WHS is 19.8. b*****ds.
Having floated between 5 and 6 for the past 3-4 years I checked my projected WHS handicap index and they've given me...... 11.1

They've based my scores on our second course which has a SSS of 7 less and slope rating of 20 less. From what I read, seems like a common problem which hopefully they'll address sharpish.

56 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

Having floated between 5 and 6 for the past 3-4 years I checked my projected WHS handicap index and they've given me...... 11.1

They've based my scores on our second course which has a SSS of 7 less and slope rating of 20 less. From what I read, seems like a common problem which hopefully they'll address sharpish.

One of my mates spent the last year managing to get his handicap down from 15 to under 12. The new system has him at... 14.7. A year lost. Apparently the slope rating given to the club has caused a lot of seethe with the club and assume they’ll be looking to appeal if that’s at all possible.

One of my mates spent the last year managing to get his handicap down from 15 to under 12. The new system has him at... 14.7. A year lost. Apparently the slope rating given to the club has caused a lot of seethe with the club and assume they’ll be looking to appeal if that’s at all possible.
That doesn't sound right. If it's not a miscalculation then can only assume his good scores were early in the season and have dropped out of his last 20.

Is the club in question part of the pilot or is it just his projected WHS index? If the latter then I expect it will be corrected prior to 02 Nov

30 minutes ago, Cowshed Chris said:

That doesn't sound right. If it's not a miscalculation then can only assume his good scores were early in the season and have dropped out of his last 20.

Is the club in question part of the pilot or is it just his projected WHS index? If the latter then I expect it will be corrected prior to 02 Nov

Having looked at the screenshot he sent, the most recent scores taken into account were 12 over, 12 over, 13 over and 11 over but he’s been given 14.7.

No idea about the club being part of the pilot or not.

Having looked at the screenshot he sent, the most recent scores taken into account were 12 over, 12 over, 13 over and 11 over but he’s been given 14.7.

No idea about the club being part of the pilot or not.
Without knowing the CSS of the competition's he's played or slope index it's difficult to comment but if that's his best scores then I struggle to understand how he managed to drop from 15 to under 12, unless his better scores have now dropped off.

If those four are his best then having the remaining four of 16-19 over could give you something close to the 14.7 index. I'd find those scores hard to believe in a good season however.

Guess it could be a situation whereby the slope rating of the course is very low but this would presumably have been reflected in the CSS.

I'll make a prediction - his projected handicap index is wrong and, assuming a current CONGU handicap of 11.8 and coming off a good season, he'll have a handicap index of 11.

I've checked my projected handicap on the new system and there is a spurious gross 85 in there that I certainly never shot that is bringing my handicap down just a wee bit to 12.3.  I'm sure I'd remember if I'd shot a net 51. [emoji38]
How many scores is yours using? Mine appears to be only using 6.

54 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:
I've checked my projected handicap on the new system and there is a spurious gross 85 in there that I certainly never shot that is bringing my handicap down just a wee bit to 12.3.  I'm sure I'd remember if I'd shot a net 51. emoji38.png

How many scores is yours using? Mine appears to be only using 6.

Mine is using 3 by the looks of it. 

1086656C-9A6E-416C-8D68-99B5F0CF6DD2.thumb.jpeg.471ce3a6856d5152177b8f29121614b3.jpeg
Played 6 and I'm a member at no48 I'm playing the glen next week which will make it 7 only 93 to go lol