Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Had another trackman session today, focus was club path and attack angle. Was having a slight issue with hitting down on the driver but the lesson seemed to have laid off!

Bloody love trackman ..... when I’m swinging well not so much when I’m toiling 🤣

Think I've said this before on here. But all of the talk about drivers, technology and distance. They can talk all they want about rollsbacks etc but by far the biggest advance in golf since the prov1, is trackman/GCQuad. It's possibly even more important as even with older balls fitters could change shafts etc to optimise players launch conditions and dispersion patters.

Also, fitzpatricks comments overnight are pretty ridiculous and seems the headlines hurt him today.

Think I've said this before on here. But all of the talk about drivers, technology and distance. They can talk all they want about rollsbacks etc but by far the biggest advance in golf since the prov1, is trackman/GCQuad. It's possibly even more important as even with older balls fitters could change shafts etc to optimise players launch conditions and dispersion patters.
Also, fitzpatricks comments overnight are pretty ridiculous and seems the headlines hurt him today.

I like it because it helps me understand what I’m trying to achieve rather than people just telling me... my issue for the last week was spin rate which was generated by my angle of attack, I was hitting down creating more side spin which creates a slice! I managed to get it down from 5000+ to 2000/2500 which has given me more distance, better flight and more distance.

My instructor broke it down from 50 yards to full swing and he worked out I was far to steep into my down swing... my mates give me it tight about getting lessons but it’s really paying off!

Some bonkers scoring at the Shriners. DeChambeau was in the 3rd last group to tee off, he's plus 1 for the day and finds himself way down in T37th on -12, that's after picking up 4 shots after going +5 for the first 6 holes.

Laird still right up there.

7 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Another good day for Laird. 20 under for 3 rounds and tied for the lead going into the final round.

I didn't see the back nine but he looked like he was hitting the ball well. Holed a cracking putt for an Eagle on the 9th as well. 

22 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Anyone know the story of Perez being based in Dundee? Is his Mrs a local?

His Mrs is a dental student there, or something along those lines. A big thing was made of it last year when he won the Dunhill Links. 

He seems to peak at this time of the year. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

An impressive 4 rounds put together by Hatton, his short game especially. Should nudge him into the World’s current Top 10?

Yeah it was mentioned in his interview that he's inside the top 10 now. He's had a very good season and should be looking to get in the mix for a major now. 

Yeah it was mentioned in his interview that he's inside the top 10 now. He's had a very good season and should be looking to get in the mix for a major now. 
Missed the cut in both this year's majors so far. If he can take his short game of this week to Augusta that would certainly help.