Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played in a medal today. Going along nicely to be out in 41 which is bang on handicap.

Then played the back 9 in 4, 4,10, 3, 7, 3, 5, 5, 5.

Net 76 with a 10 at a par 4, and a 7 albeit that was at a par 5 so hardly disastrous. 

The 10 included 3 shots in a bunker followed by a lost ball. 

With stableford adjustment I actually still made the buffer zone. 😧

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I played Friday and was pure dogshit off the tee, which is the norm the last few weeks, my short game has been decent which has been saving me from some really ugly numbers.

I'm not even missing on one side, it's either a high slice, or an ugly low hook.

I need help.

Know a lot of people switch off on the PGA Tour around this time of the year, particularly with a far more interesting European Tour event this weekend. But I watched a bit of it last night and was actually a great finish. Peter Malnati flew out the traps and posted a good early score in the clubhouse so most of the viewing was concentrated on seeing if anyone could catch it. Sergio eventually did catch him, including this glorious fairway wood shot to set up an eagle on the 14th:

Followed by this to set up a birdie on the 18th to win by one:

Edited by Mr Hahn

I played today. Very happy through 13 (9+) only to go double, bogey, triple, triple, bogey to finish. I don’t want to pick the clubs up again!

I’m playing Kirriemuir tomorrow morning

Today is a new day and I love this game again. 82 around Kirrie on a course that held up remarkably well after the rain. 0.9 off my Golfshake handicap (I’m not a member anywhere so I use that) and could have been better if I hadn’t went out of bounds off the 4th tee as I scored a par with my second ball. Putted well and short game was nice as well. Long irons need work though

Does anyone know Craigie Hill in Perth?  A couple of friends playing there today, probably will go along but not played for a while and surely a course in Perth will be destroyed after the rain?  Is it on the side of a hill?  Plus only 15 quid which seems very cheap, the sort of price you'd charge if your course was a swamp currently.  

Martin Laird.

Out of nowhere tbh, I was looking at the Scots on the OWGR just last week and saw he was way down at 350th or something.

Laird has had a poor time of late. He also had knee surgery earlier in the year. Good to see him hitting it well again. He’s a previous winner of this event way back in 2009. His last win was the Valero Open in 2013. Good luck to him over the weekend. He played beautifully yesterday.