Golfers Thread

Gaz

A good effort from Syme claiming a US open place but you wonder what effect the last two weeks will have on him being able to close out a tournament if he gets a chance in the future. 
Yep, has to be some mental scarring from this. His putting was poor today, far too many putts that were well short of the hole.

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
27 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
A good effort from Syme claiming a US open place but you wonder what effect the last two weeks will have on him being able to close out a tournament if he gets a chance in the future. 

Yep, has to be some mental scarring from this. His putting was poor today, far too many putts that were well short of the hole.

Maybe he'll turn into the Scottish Tony Finau....

18 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Shite like TPC Boston shouldn't be top level tour venues, especially season ending Fed Ex Cup stuff. 

The other night Robert Lee was saying what a great course it was because if you miss the fairways you get punished. 

Presumably the fairways must all be a mile wide looking at the scoring. 

Anyone here using either the Ping i210 or i500 irons?

Ping Zing Karstens for me, although sadly my 7 iron snapped on my tee shot at one of the par 3s early last week. Ball flew to the bottom right of the green, club head flew the opposite direction in to the woods never to be found again [emoji23]

Was over in Stavanger for work for a few days at the end of last week as well so managed to get a game at Stavanger golf club Friday afternoon. Cracking wee course, with some beautiful looking holes, these two in particular are not done justice by the photos:

IMG_4525.jpg
IMG_4526.jpg

Managed 35 points in the stableford so was happy with that considering we were scooping beers and I’d never played it.

In direct contradiction to some of the amazing courses I’ve played this year, played Kings Links last night which is one of the four council courses I get with my membership. Could be an excellent wee links course, but they don’t give it enough attention generally. Much worse this year, the greenkeeper accidentally put weed killer on the greens a couple of months ago, fucking them so badly that they’ve had to cut the winter greens in already...in August [emoji23]

Here’s a selection of a few we putted on last night:

IMG_4612.jpg
IMG_4614.jpg
IMG_4615.jpg

Was like trying to hole out on a pinball machine [emoji23]

85 in the medal today [emoji23] At least that puts me up to 7. About the only consolation from a clusterfuck of a performance, that and a highly satisfying birdie on 15.

I went through to Alyth afterwards to try out some Ping demo irons. The difference between the i500s and my own musclebacks was ridiculous. 5-PW set duly ordered.

3 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

In direct contradiction to some of the amazing courses I’ve played this year, played Kings Links last night which is one of the four council courses I get with my membership. Could be an excellent wee links course, but they don’t give it enough attention generally. Much worse this year, the greenkeeper accidentally put weed killer on the greens a couple of months ago, fucking them so badly that they’ve had to cut the winter greens in already...in August emoji23.png

Here’s a selection of a few we putted on last night:

IMG_4612.jpg
IMG_4614.jpg
IMG_4615.jpg

Was like trying to hole out on a pinball machine emoji23.png

I've walked across it a couple of times to get to Pittodrie from the beach but never actually played it. It's always looked like an absolute tattie field to me.

Just back from usual holiday on the Moray Firth. Managed three rounds - was hoping for a fourth but the look the wife gave me when I suggested it told me it was unlikely.  Played Hopeman, Cullen and Moray Old.  Loved them all as usual but my round at Hopeman was a disaster. The combination of hard ground and gorse bushes never ends well.