Golfers Thread

Gaz

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Played with some pals at Crail last year. One of the guys was 7 off the tee at the 5th. Kept aiming further and further left only to cut it miles right again. We hardly ever remind him of the event emoji23.png

Aye, it's a proper 'Tin Cup' kind of hole. I put my first on the beach, but went for it again and made a 'par' with my 2nd ball.

Loved the course, just a proper quirky links and better than the new course there imo.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We got a great deal price wise. There is a combined Nairn Dunbar-Moray Old ticket for £100 (reduced from £150). We also got a deal of a 4 ball on Moray New for £20 per person. So £120 per person for 3 really good courses. Booking was easy at both Nairn Dunbar and Moray GC. Both clubs really well set up re Coronavirus and staff at both very friendly both in the clubhouse and pro shops. The clubhouse at Nairn Dunbar had limited opening hours of 12-5pm.

Edit to add played Castle Stuart 2 years ago. It’s a fine course but not cheap.

Further edit to add the Nairn Dunbar website says £110 for the combined ticket with Moray Old- we got it for £100. There are other combined tickets also available. You generally have to play the courses within a 4 day period.

https://www.nairndunbar.com/visitors/special-offers-2016

Cheers for that. As much as I'd love to play Castle Stuart, not sure I can resists two rounds at quality courses for £110. Think that combined ticket sounds excellent value.

Cheers for that. As much as I'd love to play Castle Stuart, not sure I can resists two rounds at quality courses for £110. Think that combined ticket sounds excellent value.

Moray Old in particular is a great course. Nairn Dunbar very good too. I played very well at Moray Old which clearly might influence my view but to be fair my friends who didn’t play so well were very impressed too.

Well it’s the morning after and my legs are in bits, the front 9 was comfortable but the back 9 was long. The par 3 was playing 235 hit a 4 hybrid and ended up 30 short and managed to end up with a 4. Front 9 was 41 and back 9 was 43. Played off the yellow teas and the wee man played of green and managed a 97 was a great course and couldn’t of asked for better conditions! Used my driver once down the 18th so I played sensible. I would go back and play tomorrow

Well it’s the morning after and my legs are in bits, the front 9 was comfortable but the back 9 was long. The par 3 was playing 235 hit a 4 hybrid and ended up 30 short and managed to end up with a 4. Front 9 was 41 and back 9 was 43. Played off the yellow teas and the wee man played of green and managed a 97 was a great course and couldn’t of asked for better conditions! Used my driver once down the 18th so I played sensible. I would go back and play tomorrow

84 round Carnoustie is very decent golf. Well played.

What a stupid game this is. 

11 over front nine, level par back 9 for an 82-11 71 0.2 cut. 

Very, very close to playing good golf. Mentally miles, and miles away from putting  full 18 together. triple, double, triple 6, 7, 8 with a complete heads gone. Awful game.

Edited by DigOutYourSoul

Final 3 ball group today took 5hrs 16 minutes to go round. Closer to 6 hours in the first rounds. Why have slow play rules and not use them?

Connor Syme was the overnight leader at Celtic Manor, but now trails by 3 after 8 holes with play suspended due to the threat of lightning.