Golfers Thread

Gaz

Yep agreed. While it’s great to have a major to watch the time difference is, as you say, a really pain.

Luckily I’m on annual leave this week and my 17 week old still needs 1 night feed. Monday morning back at work might be a dick tho

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

1st and 18th fairways of Cawder's "wee" course completely underwater this morning after the River Kelvin burst it's banks due to almost 24 hours of constant rain.

I was meant to be playing at Hayston with a mate who's a member there. Both it and Kirkie are inaccessible from both the Kirkintilloch and Torrance sides. Mental.

I was meant to be playing at Hayston with a mate who's a member there. Both it and Kirkie are inaccessible from both the Kirkintilloch and Torrance sides. Mental.
Aye, there was a stint around 6ish last night where it came down in torrents for an hour or so. Quite a few roads closed around Kirky and Kilsyth right through since then.

Clubhouses in Aberdeen told to close after Covid restrictions were reintroduced.Screenshot_20200805-164810_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Aye, there was a stint around 6ish last night where it came down in torrents for an hour or so. Quite a few roads closed around Kirky and Kilsyth right through since then.

Clubhouses in Aberdeen told to close after Covid restrictions were reintroduced.Screenshot_20200805-164810_Facebook.jpg

Suspect I won't be able to head up for a game for a week at least then as my course is just over the border into Aberdeenshire. If that is the case, the local driving range have at least tweeted that they can stay open so at least will be able to hit balls.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

At least one of Glasgow's 18 hole munis might be getting saved, by an organisation I would never have guessed would have been up for it.

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/r-a-close-to-deal-to-buy-glasgow-municipal-golf-course

We used to call it Royal Lethamhill as a joke. Would be awesome if it actually happened

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The new world number 1 isn’t having the best of days.

2 doubles on his card killed his round. Koepka with a good start but we all know who we're all here for....Bob McIntyre just getting started.

I know sky don’t get any control over the shots we see but it would be nice to see one or two from Bob’s group. You’d think a guy like Reed would get some airtime. Mickelson seems a lovely chap but we don't need all his shots and none of some others 

Well today is Carnoustie Day. Iv woke up pretty fucking nervous, il be a quivering wreck on the 1st tee.

Hopefully play ok and I’m just going to go out and enjoy the walk around the famous course. The weather is perfect as well

Well today is Carnoustie Day. Iv woke up pretty fucking nervous, il be a quivering wreck on the 1st tee.

Hopefully play ok and I’m just going to go out and enjoy the walk around the famous course. The weather is perfect as well

Enjoy. It’s a great course and looks a fine day for it too. [emoji106]

Lads.....it was better than I thought it could ever be. What a wonderful golf course. The rough was quite thick in places and I found quite a lot of it. The greens were quick but in perfect condition. Went round in 92 blows which I’m delighted with. 3 pars on the scorecard and a birdie putt lipped out. I love this game

IMG_4189.thumb.jpg.14bf5a777cc766132e3ff52ed74de483.jpg

IMG_4187.thumb.jpg.2bfa308be12773d0b4869c208cf59707.jpgIMG_4184.thumb.jpg.696b6fdd10e4f84b82c1c569885a2bf3.jpgIMG_4186.thumb.jpg.6f93bf68aec0d867a98c5465fb6e732c.jpgIMG_4185.thumb.jpg.07a11ea3583936f0460d5a6393c47046.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

Lads.....it was better than I thought it could ever be. What a wonderful golf course. The rough was quite thick in places and I found quite a lot of it. The greens were quick but in perfect condition. Went round in 92 blows which I’m delighted with. 3 pars on the scorecard and a birdie putt lipped out. I love this game

Glad you enjoyed it. It really is a special place to play. Not sure what you play off but sounds like you played some decent stuff. Well done.