Golfers Thread

Gaz

The one perk to the covid 19 travel reatrictions has been the ease to get booked on our "premier" courses.Played the old course and carnasty  a couple of times each so far and next week doing the "west" coast swing.Still paying through the nose but happy enough to actually be able to get tee times that suit me on these courses and not the luck of the draw 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

The one perk to the covid 19 travel reatrictions has been the ease to get booked on our "premier" courses.Played the old course and carnasty  a couple of times each so far and next week doing the "west" coast swing.Still paying through the nose but happy enough to actually be able to get tee times that suit me on these courses and not the luck of the draw 

How easy is it to get on the old course just now? Is it still a ballot?

In other news, played Royal Burgess 3 weeks back and shot 103. Then had 2 lessons with Colin Brooks and played again Friday, shooting 89. Unbelievable difference after a bit of proper coaching.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

How easy is it to get on the old course just now? Is it still a ballot?

In other news, played Royal Burgess 3 weeks back and shot 103. Then had 2 lessons with Colin Brooks and played again Friday, shooting 89. Unbelievable difference after a bit of proper coaching.

I booked both times the day before,its still a ballot but got on both days and i noticed there was a few empty tee times at the end of the day.

Played Cardross today and really enjoyed it.  Apart from hitting 2 out of bounds on the 4th and ending up with a 10 and a couple of stupid holes on the back 9 I was really happy with my shots off the tee and approach iron shots.  

My putting was abysmal though and I reckon I left 10 shots out there on the greens. 

Lots to work on. 

Played Cardross today and really enjoyed it.  Apart from hitting 2 out of bounds on the 4th and ending up with a 10 and a couple of stupid holes on the back 9 I was really happy with my shots off the tee and approach iron shots.  
My putting was abysmal though and I reckon I left 10 shots out there on the greens. 
Lots to work on. 
Three guys I was playing machrahanish with played that on sat too

Very enjoyable round today.

Played  with a friend who like me is getting back into golf after a long layoff. 

Hit 90 on a course I hadn’t broke 100 on until last week.

First Birdie of 2020.

Hit several nice very iron shots into the green. 

Booming drives long and straight, including by far the longest one I have ever hit, (257m)

Only 2 terrible holes at the end of each 9 that I am putting down to tiredness and the heat .

Can’t wait to get out again!

There is an offer for golf at Carnoustie and Dumbarnie Links which might appeal to those who live in Angus or Fife. Looks like can play both for £195 per person.

https://www.carnoustiegolflinks.com/2-course-offer/

I called up to try and book the 3 courses for £300 over 3 days I wanted the weekend of 18/9/20 but they have a competition. So trying to find dates that suit me now.