Golfers Thread

Gaz

31 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Our medal was cancelled this morning because of the weather.  Decided to go out and play this afternoon with my brother in law.  The first at Whitecraigs has the car park directly up the right hand side.  

Fucking sclaffed my first right into it with a very loud bang following.  Went in and reported it and went and had a look but no one saw where it landed.  

Minter. 

IIRC it also has some house behind the green which are good for a thin

Took a walk around Carnoustie this morning with the family. Course looks resplendent and I’m hopefully playing it the 1st week of August which is a dream come true for me.
IMG_4030.jpg
1st tee with Rookery restaurant in the back

IMG_4022.jpg
2nd green and down the fairway

IMG_4026.jpg
8th Green

IMG_4029.jpg
18th Green and down the fairway.

Any of you lads had the pleasure of playing it before?

Played in medal today. Awful stuff. 3 pars in the entire round. One triple bogey and 3 double bogeys. Yet another in a long line of 0.1 increases.
Playing in club sweep tomorrow. Hoping for better fortunes. 

So played again today. Less pish than yesterday but still frustrating. Best example probably being 80 yards short of a par 5 in 2 shots and take a 7.

A closing 68 for Finau, but he ends up T3rd 3 shots behind winner Michael Thompson. It's his 29th top 10 finish since his last win in Puerto Rico in 2016, and continues his dismal Sunday record which sees him around 170th on Tour for his Sunday scoring average, but in the top 25 for scoring average in the first 3 rounds.

And it gives me another excuse to post this...

Took a walk around Carnoustie this morning with the family. Course looks resplendent and I’m hopefully playing it the 1st week of August which is a dream come true for me.
IMG_4030.thumb.jpg.903542ce7214080e76c4cf775e9284dc.jpg
1st tee with Rookery restaurant in the back

IMG_4022.thumb.jpg.998bf21e1641fabc73c46a06609b23bb.jpg
2nd green and down the fairway

IMG_4026.thumb.jpg.c4ac2ba809adefcc892c1989f2d35b27.jpg
8th Green

IMG_4029.thumb.jpg.dd1d65d5ada787640a66710541990423.jpg
18th Green and down the fairway.

Any of you lads had the pleasure of playing it before?
I've played Carnoustie many times though it's easily 10 years since I played there. It's a real test but it's a fabulous course. any time I've played there it's been in fantastic condition.
On my bucket list

Played the Buddon and Burnside and they're both great 2nd and 3rd courses - although the buddon has had a compulsory purchase order actioned for by a wind farm company, so looks like it'll be closing. 

I've been listening to the No Laying Up podcast on a Monday morning the last few weeks and it's a decent listen. Any other golf related podcasts anyone knows of?

Played the Buddon and Burnside and they're both great 2nd and 3rd courses - although the buddon has had a compulsory purchase order actioned for by a wind farm company, so looks like it'll be closing. 
I've been listening to the No Laying Up podcast on a Monday morning the last few weeks and it's a decent listen. Any other golf related podcasts anyone knows of?

The Burnside is an excellent course. I’ve only payed the Buddon once many years ago and can’t remember that much about it.

What a funny game this is.

Last week some of my best ever iron play but putting was rubbish.

So I spent a bit of time practicing putting during the week. 

This week , putting was excellent, lots of 1 putts, a few up and downs and some holed puts from outside” gimme “ range, but could I hit an iron?  

Barely hit a good one all round.

My driving is getting better , if I could put it all together , I could post some decent scores! 

Progress( of sorts!)

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

Robert MacIntyre goes out in the final group tomorrow in the WGC Fedex St Jude Invitational. He is out with Tyler Duncan and Haotong Li. He only got in because Tiger Woods opted out, good chance for Bob to get some ranking points ahead of next week's USPGA.