Golfers Thread

Gaz

Cracking course. Played a couple of times but I definitely say play 18 as a short par 5. Nae danger anyone’s getting close with their second shot needing to fly near 200yds and stop dead. 5iron-5iron-wedge-putt (maybe!) 
Aye first time I played it i got lucky this time i went in the water, grrat finishing hole

On 15/06/2020 at 10:02, Tartan Dave said:

Has anyone got/used a triple track putter? Quite like look of them as like the lines on ball. Wonder if it’s worth the outlay

Don’t know if you’ve committed yet but it’s just smashed the competition in the MGS tests

https://mygolfspy.com/2020-most-wanted-mallet-putter/

Had another lesson with the Pro yesterday.  Worked on chipping and bunker play.  It's amazing what an hour with someone that knows what they are doing can do for your game. 
Who/where you going to? I had a bunch of lessons from an ex PGA tour pro, my chipping was decent enough but he improved my bunker play no end. I've still got a lesson to get from him, delayed because of lockdown.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Had another lesson with the Pro yesterday.  Worked on chipping and bunker play.  It's amazing what an hour with someone that knows what they are doing can do for your game. 

Some of the lessons are so simple and obvious, but you'd never pick them up yourself.

A mate of mine had an on-course lesson with his pro, who basically showed him his alignment was miles off what it should have been relative to where he wanted/needed to put the ball off the tee. The difference in his game since is unreal, with one key being "The tee markers show you where to hit from, but not necessarily hit to"

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Who/where you going to? I had a bunch of lessons from an ex PGA tour pro, my chipping was decent enough but he improved my bunker play no end. I've still got a lesson to get from him, delayed because of lockdown.

David Orr at my course, Whitecraigs.  He's an excellent teacher, always constructively offering advice no matter how bad the shot, and lets you know when you've nailed one and he's happy with it.  

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some of the lessons are so simple and obvious, but you'd never pick them up yourself.

A mate of mine had an on-course lesson with his pro, who basically showed him his alignment was miles off what it should have been relative to where he wanted/needed to put the ball off the tee. The difference in his game since is unreal, with one key being "The tee markers show you where to hit from, but not necessarily hit to"

Honestly, I've been struggling more and more with a slice/push that had effectively trashed any confidence I had.  I was beginning to feel like no matter what I was doing I wasn't getting any results.  My first hour with him, he showed me just how off my swing was and how to improve it and I'm already hitting the ball better than I have for years. 

I'm actually looking forward to going up and trying to improve.  

On 28/06/2020 at 14:16, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm going to get something booked in as my slice has returned with a vengeance and it's ruining my enjoyment when I have gotten out to hit a few balls. There's been no word from Murrayfield about their beginner lessons restarting again so I am looking at one of the swing analysis lessons up at Braids through here. It's cheaper than a 1 hour lesson and will hopefully pinpoint the may reasons for my drives going as far to the right as they do forward :lol: 

You think they would be packaged a bit better than that given how much they cost.

I took them out the packaging they came in. Irons were separated into their own box. Disappointed that my bag and shoes weren’t shipped and I can’t get a hold of anyone to check the update

Played again today. I feel as if I'm close to playing pretty well. Hitting lots of great shots but out of nowhere hitting some really awful ones. Really frustrating. In addition had one of those days where I putted really well but holed virtually nothing. Had easily 6 or 7 putts from 10-20 feet that looked in all the way but didn't drop. Some hopeful signs.

Great to see last week's tournament was more support for Rory's "it's too easy on the European Tour" argument, as Jordan Spieth shot 4 rounds in the 60s, and finished T54
TPC River Highlands must be one of the easiest courses on the PGA Tour tbf. Plenty of shortish par 4s and also I believe the scene of Furyk's ridiculous 58.

TPC River Highlands must be one of the easiest courses on the PGA Tour tbf. Plenty of shortish par 4s and also I believe the scene of Furyk's ridiculous 58.
Yep, it's where Furyk shot 58. Sub 7000 yards and iirc there is only 1 par 4 over 450 yards, the rest of them are pitch and putt for the pros. 65 out of 68 players who made the weekend finished under par.