Golfers Thread

Gaz

52 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Just skimming through the BBC news website and saw this story. Didn’t click on it, don’t want to read it, but if the answer to their question isn’t ‘It means walkers can now fcuk off back to any other place on the planet that isn’t a golf course for a walk, it’s a big old planet right enough’, then I don’t want to know.

8334FA1B-82C6-419F-868D-E83E54898CDB.jpeg

Hopefully a sign of what will happen, North Berwick tweeted this:

northberwick.PNG

There’s free tee times at our place for Saturday still. Got an e-mail from the club to say it looks like any mad rush for tee times has only transpired for tomorrow’s first day back. They have already changed their policy on booking consecutive days, and have said you can now book consecutive days if you want, but only make the second booking the day before - if there’s still times showing on the BRS system. You can’t book the second day three days in advance.

Give it a week and I think we’ll be able to bring a visitor.

Edited by pozbaird

There’s free tee times at our place for Saturday still. Got an e-mail from the club to say it looks like any mad rush for tee times has only transpired for tomorrow’s first day back. They have already changed their policy on booking consecutive days, and have said you can now book consecutive days if you want, but only make the second booking the day before - if there’s still times showing on the BRS system. You can’t book the second day three days in advance.
Give it a week and I think we’ll be able to bring a visitor.
We are now opening up bookings for 9 days at a time, maximum 3 bookings per player, and no consecutive days. You can book a consecutive day after 6pm the day before if times are still available.

Still quite a few decent times available on Saturday and Sunday into late afternoon and early evening when 18 holes won't be a problem.

Our club going the opposite way. Have introduced measures to make sure everyone gets a time. I didn't try last night to get a time for Saturday but apparently was just as bad as getting one for tomorrow.

Have now been asked if you have one on Friday and Saturday, don't book one on Sunday. They've introduced limits on how many times a week you can book a time too.

Our club going the opposite way. Have introduced measures to make sure everyone gets a time. I didn't try last night to get a time for Saturday but apparently was just as bad as getting one for tomorrow.
Have now been asked if you have one on Friday and Saturday, don't book one on Sunday. They've introduced limits on how many times a week you can book a time too.
One of the problems is all the things we have introduced have to be done manually, it can't be done automatically through the BRS system. I think part of the problem for tomorrow is there is a lot of folk who knew they were going back to work on Monday, on top of the obvious of everyone wanting a game.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

To everybody who is teeing it up over the weekend, go well. Hopefully you don't hit too many "Dominic Cummings" shots, i.e. a really long drive, but well out of bounds. FB_IMG_1590693517077.thumb.jpg.883038ca8f749fca135fd278e52b27cd.jpg

I heard a "Dominic Cummings" was a long drive out of bounds, but with no penalty.

Just back from 18 holes and a 7.25am start. Bloody brilliant. Could have went straight back out for another 18. Couple of pics - the 15th and 18th on the Cawder course. Hope everyone enjoyed their round as much as I did, and this great weather.

15C46225-97FE-4456-83A1-9909E6C3195B.jpeg

76F7A93A-3F16-4524-B30B-B4E577A3C6D5.jpeg

Just back from 18 holes and a 7.25am start. Bloody brilliant. Could have went straight back out for another 18. Couple of pics - the 15th and 18th on the Cawder course. Hope everyone enjoyed their round as much as I did, and this great weather.

15C46225-97FE-4456-83A1-9909E6C3195B.thumb.jpeg.68a81c261c77832d478bad7fe7728cfe.jpeg
76F7A93A-3F16-4524-B30B-B4E577A3C6D5.thumb.jpeg.101ad278efd998291aae02c8ec8b0773.jpeg

No mention of your score tho.......

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Great photos Pozbaird. Glad you enjoyed it. Heading out this afternoon. Limited to 9 holes which is a wee bit frustrating but club keen to give as many members as possible access today which is fair enough. Not sure if other clubs have done this but with no rakes in bunkers we've declared all bunkers as GUR.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No mention of your score tho.......

As I expected, was a mixture of good shots, bad shots, and downright duffs. No fcuks were given! Lost three balls. No fcuks given. Highlights were the 5th, where a drive and a three wood to two feet saw birdie, and at the 15th, chipped in from ten yards off the green for a birdie. Let’s skim over the three lost balls and the duff shots. 😃

Just played 18 holes at Kemnay - course is in sensational condition and greens as good as they have ever been.  What a day to get back on the course - 23c

It is so good to be back on the course.....just cant wait for competions to start now.

43 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just back from my first round and the course was in excellent condition, shot 7 over which for not playing in 3 months is not too shabby at all! 

Greenie to the person who guesses the course right first! 

233C18EE-1CEE-4E70-A95D-28700035CDF2.jpeg

Royal Sneck. 😀