Golfers Thread

Gaz

The partnership has undoubtedly raised the profile of Honma is the western market but there's been rumblings for months that it wasn't going to last.
Wonder where he'll go next. Could do without another top star being plastered with Nike imo. Maybe Mizuno. Keeps the Japanese theme and they could do with a major tour pro since Luke Donald has been out of the top circle for a few years now.
Edit to add: Received confirmation through today that our club will indeed be reopening on the 29th May. The moment we've all been waiting for is almost here lads!
Wonder if he will go back to Taylormade?

Got the email from my club too. Looks like 2 balls initially, I know they could let larger groups play if they are from the same household, but it keeps it simpler and more likely that groups will play at roughly the same pace if they are the same size.

Course is looking great, will probably wait until the Monday before playing, let the initial rush go by.

Wonder if he will go back to Taylormade?

Got the email from my club too. Looks like 2 balls initially, I know they could let larger groups play if they are from the same household, but it keeps it simpler and more likely that groups will play at roughly the same pace if they are the same size.

Course is looking great, will probably wait until the Monday before playing, let the initial rush go by.

Email from my club stating the possibility of 1st June being first day of play. To be confirmed after Scot Gov announcement.

Email from my club stating the possibility of 1st June being first day of play. To be confirmed after Scot Gov announcement.
Ours is gearing up for starting on Friday if Sturgeon gives it the go ahead on Thursday.

Speaking to a committee member of a golf club yesterday and they are re-opening subject to ScotGov confirmation on Friday for single players, doubles from the same household and threeball/foursomes from a maximum of 2 households - all subject to social distancing.

Clubhouse and changing rooms are to remain closed and the couple of electric buggies they also have are to remain out of use for the moment as well. Members will also be requested to go to the toilet before going for a game as there will be no facilities on site.

Also been mandated by the Scottish Golf Union that starter sheets must be kept for 2 months to assist with any contact tracing that may be required - which the committee are apparently most worried about as with the club shut apart from the course they have nowhere to actually put the sheets at this point.

3 hours ago, Junior Pub League said:

Speaking to a committee member of a golf club yesterday and they are re-opening subject to ScotGov confirmation on Friday for single players, doubles from the same household and threeball/foursomes from a maximum of 2 households - all subject to social distancing.

Clubhouse and changing rooms are to remain closed and the couple of electric buggies they also have are to remain out of use for the moment as well. Members will also be requested to go to the toilet before going for a game as there will be no facilities on site.

Also been mandated by the Scottish Golf Union that starter sheets must be kept for 2 months to assist with any contact tracing that may be required - which the committee are apparently most worried about as with the club shut apart from the course they have nowhere to actually put the sheets at this point.

Surely a photo or digital copy could be kept?

20 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Our bookings opened for Friday at 8 this morning.

They had all gone by 10 past 9 when I had a look

Yep.  Recipe for seethe and jealousy this.  It’ll hopefully calm down in a few weeks.  Will be interesting to see how many folk don’t turn up for their tee time 

Just now, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Yep.  Recipe for seethe and jealousy this.  It’ll hopefully calm down in a few weeks.  Will be interesting to see how many folk don’t turn up for their tee time 

Our captain and pro have already indicated that they will be keeping an eye on the sheets to make sure everyone gets a fair shot, and to email them if you don't get a time within the first week if you want one.

Our booking system opens at 7.15pm on Tues. With two courses at our place, hopeful of getting a tee time OK. Will take either course, any time of day. Looks like all Scottish clubs are singing from the same hymn sheet - twoballs only, members only, no guests. No bunker rakes, don’t touch the flagpoles, etc, etc. Our correspondence said this is ‘phase one’, to be for one week, then reviewed. Once out on the course, will feel like a normal game. No rakes, no touching flags, no problem. We just need to get through phase one and then relax something else. Will still be a pretty normal bounce game scenario. The only issue I have is being denied basic needs access - no toilets. In a pandemic where the best advice remains to wash your hands thoroughly, they take away the ability for golfers to do just that, and do it before going out to then pick balls out of holes. No, you just go for a pish in the trees, wipe your hands on the grass, and carry on. Makes no sense to me.  Would surely be better to insist that before playing, you do the toilet in a controlled environment, thoroughly wash your hands, and reduce the need for anyone to urinate in public without proper hygeine methods. Is this fair to lady members? Maybe OK for us manky blokes. However, there’s a lot now that makes no sense, so I’ll play by the rules. Hope everyone enjoys doing something normal again, and doesn’t worry too much about scores or the state of their short game. I frankly couldn’t care less if I play well, or my usual shite, just looking forward to doing something that feels normal, and isn’t queuing at Aldi for milk, or walking around the park. Enjoy peeps, and best wishes.

Edited by pozbaird

Definitely. If it's only going to be 2 balls for a while at 10 minute intervals it doesn't allow for a lot of members to get a game, never mind visitors.
I dont even think comps will be played this year either

I dont even think comps will be played this year either
Certainly not for a while. Hopefully we can get some played from late July onwards. I see howdidido are working on a mobile scoring system, biggest hurdle will be getting the relevant bodies to accept it.

Only issue with that is that the golf clubs will then be operating with zero income. With clubhouses and club shops shut, they’re literally earning nothing other than any monthly direct debits from members who didn’t pay their membership at the start of the season.

Depends on each club I suppose if the staff they’ll have to have will cost them more than they take in. 

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Wonder how long it’ll be before guests allowed. Hopefully not long for my sake.

Got an email from my club regarding procedures for reopening on Friday. They've said first 2 weeks will be member only and guests will be allowed thereafter but only from one other household. Don't know if that's indicative of other clubs though, must admit it was earlier than I expected.

1 minute ago, Mr Hahn said:

Got an email from my club regarding procedures for reopening on Friday. They've said first 2 weeks will be member only and guests will be allowed thereafter but only from one other household. Don't know if that's indicative of other clubs though, must admit it was earlier than I expected.

I’m praying my mates local club he’s a member of will follow suit!