Golfers Thread

Gaz

19 minutes ago, Mr Hahn said:

On the face of it I think it sounds interesting but no, not for me.

Only the top players get to play? What about all the other players? What would happen to the other tours if the top 50 players just move to this?

Would we ever have even heard of Bob McIntyre if this format was in play currently? 

There's enough money in professional golf at the highest level as it is without this IMO and I think the current system works just fine from a fan's POV. 

If I was to change anything about professional golf right now, it would be to have 2 majors in Europe and 2 in America but that'll never happen so just leave it like it is for me.

I would keep the Open here, US Open and Masters in America and then the PGA gets toured globally. Not just limited to Europe.

I would keep the Open here, US Open and Masters in America and then the PGA gets toured globally. Not just limited to Europe.

Wasn’t this talked about? I’m sure there was serious talks about it being held in Asia at some point.

Professional golf league, anyone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51267311
No ta. Not interested in only watching the same players. Biggest problem would be getting the very top guys to commit in the first place.. Tiger, Rory, Brooks etc only play about 20 or 21 tourneys a year. 4 majors and 4 WGC tourneys account for 8, plus the Players makes 9. No way they are going to add in an extra 18 tourney league competition.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
21 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Professional golf league, anyone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51267311

No ta. Not interested in only watching the same players. Biggest problem would be getting the very top guys to commit in the first place.. Tiger, Rory, Brooks etc only play about 20 or 21 tourneys a year. 4 majors and 4 WGC tourneys account for 8, plus the Players makes 9. No way they are going to add in an extra 18 tourney league competition.

I read that the plan would be the top players schedule would consist entirely of the 18 league tourneys plus the 4 majors. 

Played the Old Course for the first time the day. Was absolutely amazing. Shot an 87, which I was pretty happy with.

Probably the best golf playing experience I’ve ever had, and I’ve played Golspie Golf Course hundreds of times.

Played the Old Course for the first time the day. Was absolutely amazing. Shot an 87, which I was pretty happy with.

Probably the best golf playing experience I’ve ever had, and I’ve played Golspie Golf Course hundreds of times.

Never played the Old Course but it’s on the bucket list.

Golspie is a fantastic course however and I enjoy going back up for a game every now and then.

Graeme McDowell the latest old boy to win on the European Tour, winning the Saudi Invitational by 2 shots from Dustin Johnson. Johnson probably made more money as he would likely have been paid a hefty wedge to show up. Rumour was Sergio had been ordered to appear for free to make up for his tantrums last year.

Very pleased by that. He's one of the good guys. There's a brilliant story of him playing in a Pro-Am and covering the bar bill of a guy in his group who had a hole in one.

Yeah good to see him getting back to his best. Looked like he was finished a couple of years ago.

Tony Finau chasing only his 2nd ever win on the PGA Tour leading the WM Open by 2 shots. Bizarre to think that he only has 1 win to his name so far.
$14 million in prize money without winning anything of note. Lead down to 1 already after 3 holes.

Never played the Old Course but it’s on the bucket list.

Golspie is a fantastic course however and I enjoy going back up for a game every now and then.

I’m massively biased being that I grew up playing it and do every time I go up the road, but it’s one of the most underrated courses in Scotland, IMO.

Far more of a challenge and far more varied than Brora and Tain.

Tbf, he didn't do too much wrong for once. Hitting the fairway on the playoff hole might have helped though.

Yeah that’s what I mean[emoji23] Thought it was all over when Simpson hit it in the water on 15, but fair play, that was some finish from him.

That was the deciding factor on fitting too, the ping i500 and p790 were identical distance wise.

The main thing that came from it was the at 88mph, a 56g graphite shaft isn’t suitable for my 7 iron.

The other important factor is choosing the right ball and sticking with it. I struggled with accuracy all the time I followed people’s “prov1x is the only ball to use”.

As soon as I settled on a cheaper two-layer ball (Bridgestone e12) my accuracy shot up a notch.

I’m a 7 handicap.

Ball will be the next thing I look at, got loads of prov1s from last season but also had some success with the NXT Tour S, which is significantly cheaper and also the Chrome Soft. Will be interested to try TMs new tour response ball which testing is showing to be brilliant compared to the premium balls.

What’s in the bag now going into 2020:

M2 2017 9.5 Driver 56g stiff stock shaft
M2 2016 15deg 3 wood reg shaft.

Cobra AMP Cell 19deg 3 Hybrid reg shaft.

TM P790 5-gap wedge 105 Nippon Modus shaft

56 degree Cleveland RTX
Cleveland HB Classic 3.0 Putter.

Obvious gap/issue in the bag is the 3H-5iron gap. 5iron normalised carry 175, 3H 195. So will be looking for a 4H and may replace with regular cobra with a stiff shaft something hybrid.