Golfers Thread

Gaz

Rumours that Knightswood will be the only Glasgow Life course to survive, and seemingly that's only because of the BMX track next door. Shocking that they are going to close all the 18 hole courses.20200120_232806.thumb.jpeg.65f0265acf0f04b88a2a22c051f22f47.jpeg
Never played there might have to get a round in before it goes, if they shut down lethem hill that would be a huge mistake, course has a great layout, in a prime area for transport,

Anyone used the Callaway pre-owned site for anything?
A few good deals on there, not sure I can justify a purchase, but I'm browsing every day!

I would recommend the Auchterlonies pre-owned shop in St Andrews if you’re on the lookout for a deal. I didn’t know the place existed until a couple of months ago. They sell a lot of the ex-rental clubs from the Old Course, Kingsbarns etc, most of which are in excellent condition and appear to have barely been used.

They’ve got a Facebook page which they post some of their deals on.

The lightness and swing speed is the first thing you notice then the forgivenes once you hit it, great driver, I personally prefer the 2016 version but either one is easier to hit than the sldr you might not get the same distance as the sldr (that things a beast) but you'll defo hit more fairways

There’s not much to say apart from Wow.

The M2 is incredible. Think I’ve gained about 25 yards, drove 2 greens today, albeit on a short winter course, that I’ve never been near before. Head like a tennis racquet.

There’s not much to say apart from Wow.

The M2 is incredible. Think I’ve gained about 25 yards, drove 2 greens today, albeit on a short winter course, that I’ve never been near before. Head like a tennis racquet.

Nice, you should be deadly with it as you've been used to the sldr and that is a hard club to keep on the fairways, you can see some jump in performance from a 10+ year old club to a more modern

Robert McIntyre finishes on -5 in his first tourney of the year in Dubai, currently tied for 9th. Disappointing day for Grant Forrest who started in the top 6 or 7 but is currently +4 for the day.

Forrest birdied the last to move back inside the top 20, decent finish for him.

Lucas Herbert wins at the second playoff hole over Christian Bezuidenhout, who could have won it in regulation but chunked an 80 yard wedge shot shirt at the last that so un back into the water.

MacIntyre ended up tied 8th, Forrest tied 16th, Jamieson t32nd, Law t50th and Drysdale and Ramsay tied 58th. Great start to the season by MacIntyre to come out and finish in the top 10 in a very strong field.

54 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Marc Leishman having as strange a round as you will ever see. He is -7 for the day through 16 holes, but has hardly hit a fairway. Once on the green though he has holed virtually everything, leads by 4 at the moment.

Yep a great victory for Leishman.

Very decent finish for Russell Knox at T21. Good steady start to the year for him.

T55 for Martin Laird.

5 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I quite like Bryson. I know I’m in a minority but he’s a bit different which is sometimes quite nice to see.

Yep I suspect you will indeed be in a minority.

Comes across as a complete arse and his pace of play is slower than a week in jail.

Delighted to see him finish poorly yesterday.

Yep I suspect you will indeed be in a minority.
Comes across as a complete arse and his pace of play is slower than a week in jail.
Delighted to see him finish poorly yesterday.

Like I said, I understand that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I do however respect the fact that he’s not followed the mould and has done everything his own way, with the unique way he approaches the game and the amount of detail he puts in. He’s made an effort to speed up his pace of play this year, and Pepperell tweeted yesterday that they got on well and he has sped up a lot - and thats coming from a guy who has been quite vocal about him in the past.

Like I said, I understand that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea. I do however respect the fact that he’s not followed the mould and has done everything his own way, with the unique way he approaches the game and the amount of detail he puts in. He’s made an effort to speed up his pace of play this year, and Pepperell tweeted yesterday that they got on well and he has sped up a lot - and thats coming from a guy who has been quite vocal about him in the past.
Speeded up, but still got a warning on the 10th yesterday for a bad time.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Speeded up, but still got a warning on the 10th yesterday for a bad time.

Yeah, I did see that, but at least he's making an effort unlike a lot of the Americans.

33 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Robert McIntyre back up to 65 in the world rankings. Jordan Speith drops out of the top 50, while Mickelson's descent continues and he is now 85th.

He's hitting bombs though🙄

He's hitting bombs though[emoji849]
I've no doubt Bryson was only making an effort because the European Tour's stance on slow play is markedly different form the PGA Tour. No doubt when the PGA Tour finally warn somebody it will be some teenage amateur that will cop it.

Listened to the Mckellar Golf podcast today and they were pretty disparaging about Mickelson, partly because he is taking the cash to head to Saudi this week, but mainly because of his downward spiral with performances not coming close to the talk he is coming out with. One glimmer of hope for Phil is that he turns 50 right after the U.S. Open, so could play in the Senior event the following week. Once he slips outside the top 100 then he drops out of the WGC events, and I can't see any way for him to get back up the rankings.

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Professional golf league, anyone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/51267311

On the face of it I think it sounds interesting but no, not for me.

Only the top players get to play? What about all the other players? What would happen to the other tours if the top 50 players just move to this?

Would we ever have even heard of Bob McIntyre if this format was in play currently? 

There's enough money in professional golf at the highest level as it is without this IMO and I think the current system works just fine from a fan's POV. 

If I was to change anything about professional golf right now, it would be to have 2 majors in Europe and 2 in America but that'll never happen so just leave it like it is for me.