Golfers Thread

Gaz

Anyone used the Callaway pre-owned site for anything?
A few good deals on there, not sure I can justify a purchase, but I'm browsing every day!
Browsed but never bought anything. Only thing I need is a driver and if I was going to chuck a couple of hundred quid at it I would want to see it in person. Affordable Golf have a big second hand section.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Anyone used the Callaway pre-owned site for anything?
A few good deals on there, not sure I can justify a purchase, but I'm browsing every day!

Browsed but never bought anything. Only thing I need is a driver and if I was going to chuck a couple of hundred quid at it I would want to see it in person. Affordable Golf have a big second hand section.

Yeah was in the one at Anderston today, but not much in the hybrid range.

Callaway give you a 14 day trial, so that would be more than enough for me tbh, but I do see where you're coming from.

Even allowing for the Pro-Am format another week that makes Rory’s view of of how tough the courses are on the PGA tour look frankly ridiculous. You have to be 9 under after 3 rounds just to make the cut for the final round in the American Express event. The leaders are on 21 under for 3 rounds [emoji23]

A closing 65 for Scott Jamieson, including a 31 back nine, sees him sit tied 5th at the moment in Abu Dhabi. He might drop a place or two as there are still players wirh half their round to play, but it will be an excellent finish regardless. High quality field means better World ranking points, and good road to Dubai points on offer this week too.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Lee Westwood wins by 2 to give him wins in 4 different decades on the European Tour. Jamieson was tied 8th in the end, great week for him.

Really pleased for Westwood, always liked him. It's a tremendous effort to win on the tour in 4 different decades. I would think this win will get him back in OWGR top 50. Currently 63rd.

He's already in the Masters field based on his top 4 finish in the Open last year.

Great week for Jamieson.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Really pleased for Westwood, always liked him. It's a tremendous effort to win on the tour in 4 different decades. I would think this win will get him back in OWGR top 50. Currently 63rd.

He's already in the Masters field based on his top 4 finish in the Open last year.

Great week for Jamieson.

Westwood is projected to jump to 27th or so on the OWGR.

Watched Westwood's final round in its entirety yesterday. Got to be honest, I thought we were seeing the beginning of the end for Westwood in the last few years but he was terrific yesterday.

Made only one mistake that I can note and was solid as a rock otherwise. If he keeps up this form, he'll be a shoe in for a Ryder Cup spot which I definitely didn't see him playing in again.

Watched Westwood's final round in its entirety yesterday. Got to be honest, I thought we were seeing the beginning of the end for Westwood in the last few years but he was terrific yesterday.
Made only one mistake that I can note and was solid as a rock otherwise. If he keeps up this form, he'll be a shoe in for a Ryder Cup spot which I definitely didn't see him playing in again.

Yes he played very solidly yesterday. Good to see.

After buying new irons I’ve managed to pick up a 2017 M2 driver in a similar shaft to my current SLDR for £90 on eBay.

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are like on the simulators for a 5 year difference in drivers. I’m always sceptical when it comes to tech and how much difference it’s actually going to take.

Will possibly take them both out with me at the weekend and see how they look on the course as well.

After buying new irons I’ve managed to pick up a 2017 M2 driver in a similar shaft to my current SLDR for £90 on eBay.

Will be interesting to see what the numbers are like on the simulators for a 5 year difference in drivers. I’m always sceptical when it comes to tech and how much difference it’s actually going to take.

Will possibly take them both out with me at the weekend and see how they look on the course as well.
The lightness and swing speed is the first thing you notice then the forgivenes once you hit it, great driver, I personally prefer the 2016 version but either one is easier to hit than the sldr you might not get the same distance as the sldr (that things a beast) but you'll defo hit more fairways

The lightness and swing speed is the first thing you notice then the forgivenes once you hit it, great driver, I personally prefer the 2016 version but either one is easier to hit than the sldr you might not get the same distance as the sldr (that things a beast) but you'll defo hit more fairways

3 interesting points above:

One the lightness. I’ve gone for the same weight shaft as my sldr, something I hadn’t considered was head weight, so may need to try a couple of shafts.

The second is your preference for the 2016, which I can still pick up pretty cheap so may buy as well.

The third is that I may drop off on distance. One of the things I love about the SLDR is that it goes for miles when it’s hit out the middle, but the sweet spot is tiny so I can forgo a couple yards of distance for more fairways.

I’ll update over the next few weeks once I’ve had a play on the simulators.

3 interesting points above:

One the lightness. I’ve gone for the same weight shaft as my sldr, something I hadn’t considered was head weight, so may need to try a couple of shafts.

The second is your preference for the 2016, which I can still pick up pretty cheap so may buy as well.

The third is that I may drop off on distance. One of the things I love about the SLDR is that it goes for miles when it’s hit out the middle, but the sweet spot is tiny so I can forgo a couple yards of distance for more fairways.

I’ll update over the next few weeks once I’ve had a play on the simulators.
You wont regret the switch once you dial it in, the 3w is nice and easy to hit, most the new woods are super light no mass behing them, I like to feel a bit of weight behind the club feels like it's going to go further

You wont regret the switch once you dial it in, the 3w is nice and easy to hit, most the new woods are super light no mass behing them, I like to feel a bit of weight behind the club feels like it's going to go further

I’ve got, and love, a 2016 M2 HL 3W which is why I wanted the driver.

We’ll see how it goes with w 56g shaft and change up from there if need be.