Golfers Thread

Gaz

Yes good to see these guys making solid starts to European Tour season
As I mentioned further up, this part of the season is a great chance to get some points in the bag early with most of the top players having a break. Grant Forrest and David Law also in for the weekend so hopefully they can all have good weekends.

Patrick Reed with a brazen bit of bunker tampering over at Tiger’s event in the Bahamas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffEisenband/status/1203073493182697488?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I saw it live, and thought it looked very dodgy at the time, although the commentators brushed over it very quickly. Though not as quickly as Reed brushed his lie flat.

On 04/12/2019 at 09:42, expatowner said:

Searching for the Holy Grail didn’t take as long as this! 😂
Since I got my first handicap (19) in January 2015, I’ve worked towards TODAY'S PAR ROUND OF 69! 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
It’s only taken me around 900 rounds.
I feel over the moon,and in the words of Ally Graham “Ah just cannae believe it”.
3 birdies, 3 bogeys and 12 pars - 44 stableford points in windy conditions with 32 putts.

Caddy - hand me my beer!

IMG_6386.jpg

Well done.

Massive respect!

A brilliant bogey free 66 from Grant Forrest, but he came up a shot short of being in a play-off on -18. Connor Syme hit a 69 to finish on -16 and tied 9th. Disappointing closing round for Calum Hill who started the day tied for the lead on -16, but hit a 74 to drop to -14 and a tie for 17th. Some real low scoring today.

18 year old Dane Rasmus Hojgaard wins the playoff at the 3rd time of asking, twice he hit superb second shots into the par 5 18th, and after birdieing it twice he rolled in an eagle putt to clinch it. He is the 3rd youngest winner on the European Tour.

Cameron Smith has tried to take the sting out of the Reed incident in the build up to the Presidents Cup...
https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/b-t-pga-tour-pro-hits-out-at-patrick-reed?fbclid=IwAR3228SvYix-CYrlskcRrjrxG67FcDTwC-3DxDS4ICrIM4vGximWEyHIrZs
Never mind the hosts, who in the Yank team will want to play with him?

Bob MacIntyre moves up to 66th in the OWGR, despite having a couple of weeks off. Don't think he will make the top 50 before the year end which would get him a Masters place, but some decent finishes in the new year should see him in the top 50 by the week before Augusta which would also get him in.

Calum Hill up to 114th, which is only 7 places behind the second best Scot on the list Russell Knox.

Royal Melbourne looks incredible but yeah, those greens are mental. I’d be 4-putting quite a few times if I was let loose there.

Also, Patrick Reed continues to be a dick and the PGA tour continues to make light of his antics.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1205319460095234049

Just a shame for Patrick that he’s 0-2 so far this week.

4 hours ago, ArabGaz said:

Royal Melbourne looks incredible but yeah, those greens are mental. I’d be 4-putting quite a few times if I was let loose there.

Also, Patrick Reed continues to be a dick and the PGA tour continues to make light of his antics.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/1205319460095234049

Just a shame for Patrick that he’s 0-2 so far this week.

Doesn't surprise me to see Reed give a bit back to the crowd but that's poor from the PGA Tour. Not especially surprising right enough.