Golfers Thread

Gaz

IMG_1554881390.302540.thumb.jpg.e8f07be6f21c3b6d52f8ab33df447b81.jpgIMG_1554881424.427577.thumb.jpg.75c4962269589c869c0e582921ca6f11.jpg

Here I am picking out my recent hole-in-one (second).
121m slightly uphill, slight breeze against at the Maungakeikei Golf Club. I hit a three-quarter seven iron, landed 6 feet away and rolled in. Saw it all the way. [emoji41]

Cheers everybody. [emoji3]

Well played Bryce

On 3/18/2019 at 14:49, DigOutYourSoul said:

Have been down to 10.1, around this time last year, but had a very poor stop start year last year. So it’s not quite out of reach, just need a couple of good rounds and maybe a new 50deg wedge as my current cap from PW to SW isn’t great.

In the first Quest for Single Figures update, and my first card of the season. I'm now down to 11.0 after a 0.6 cut. Was originally 10.8 but the CSS was re-adjusted down to 73 from 74. 

Bitter sweet as well with 3 birdies and 4 double bogeys, including two 3putts and a 4 putt. 

Happy to get a cut the first round of the season and feel like I'm hitting the ball well so will see how we get on on Saturday then Gleneagles on Sunday. 

On 10/04/2019 at 08:34, expatowner said:

IMG_1554881424.427577.jpg

Here I am picking out my recent hole-in-one (second).
121m slightly uphill, slight breeze against at the Maungakeikei Golf Club. I hit a three-quarter seven iron, landed 6 feet away and rolled in. Saw it all the way. emoji41.png

Cheers everybody. emoji3.png

Great stuff.

It's a real thrill to get a hole in one.

I`m lucky enough to have had a couple. 7th hole at Aberdour and 13th at Scotscraig.  Used the same club  (6 iron) on both occasions.

6 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

In the first Quest for Single Figures update, and my first card of the season. I'm now down to 11.0 after a 0.6 cut. Was originally 10.8 but the CSS was re-adjusted down to 73 from 74. 

Bitter sweet as well with 3 birdies and 4 double bogeys, including two 3putts and a 4 putt. 

Happy to get a cut the first round of the season and feel like I'm hitting the ball well so will see how we get on on Saturday then Gleneagles on Sunday. 

Excellent start.

I've put 2 cards in so far.

An awful 25 stableford points in first one but played much better for 36 points yesterday. Somewhat frustrating that I 3 putted the first two greens but balanced this with some good scrambling. Consistent stuff in that I got points on every hole and had 18 points each nine. Double bogied the first but  10 pars and 7 bogies so steady but unspectacular.  

Sitting somewhat uncomfortably at 9.4 so hanging on to single figures just.

Anyone else enjoying putting with the flag in?

I’ve been putting with the flag in since December (3 or 4 rounds a week) and had the first “bounce-off” yesterday. Compared to the huge number that “bounce-in” I would say the change had helped my scores by 2 or 3 per round.

Watched the end of the RBC Heritage tourney on the PGA Tour last night, with CT Pan becoming only the second player from Chinese Taipei to win on tour. He was certainly helped by the final pairing completely shitting the bed. Poulter finished with a 2 over final round, but overnight leader Dustin Johnson had a mare, going +6 and at one point shipping 7 shots in 5 holes on the back 9. He has made a hash of closing tourneys out a few times lately.

45 putts! bloody hell.
Was that all putts on the green ?
Most stats don't count putts from off green in putting stats.

That was all putts on the green. Had 15/18 GIR. Greens were(are) really bad, but doesn’t excuse how poor it was.

36 yesterday on the Kings where the greens were pure.

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

That was all putts on the green. Had 15/18 GIR. Greens were(are) really bad, but doesn’t excuse how poor it was.

36 yesterday on the Kings where the greens were pure.

15/18 GIR is excellent. Plenty of scope to get that handicap down.

I'm up to 9.5 so no longer single figures. Next challenge is to get back down.

On 22/04/2019 at 16:11, Distant Doonhamer said:

15/18 GIR is excellent. Plenty of scope to get that handicap down.

I'm up to 9.5 so no longer single figures. Next challenge is to get back down.

Back down to 9 :P

80-10 for a net 70 today in medal

CSS looking like 72 so should be down to 9.1.

Out in 38 which included a birdie 2 so some cash for that. Back in 42 despite double bogies on 10 and 11.

Total of 30 putts with only one 3 putt.