Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Indeed.
Rahm in particular has been awful today.

I've never been surer that someone was going to hit a ball in the water than I was when he went for the green from that bunker earlier.

Yep an absolutely crazy shot.

Utterly ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

A lot of people tout Rahm as a future major winner, even a multiple winner, but I'm not convinced about his temperament.
Well done to McIlroy. He's knocked at the door every time this year and finally he's gotten over the line.

As Rich Beem says it`s clear that Rahm "runs hot", Very talented but like you I would wonder about his temperament.

His decision making today was frankly awful.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I'm fairly sure he'll win a major at some point, he's very good. 

But shot selection like that is a nightmare. No point having a caddy on your bag if you're going to try nonsense like that when one off the lead. was a 1/50 shot at best. 

Rory was excellent, and it was good to see him win after the criticism of last week. I'm incredibly excited for the masters after that. 

In other news, I'm aiming to get down to single figures this season from 12 and am feeling good. Hitting the ball well off the tee, although struggling a bit with irons the wedges and short game are feeling better than they did at the end of last season. Indoor practice has been key and I'm feeling good going into the season. Just have to hope I can get out enough after work. 

5 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I'm fairly sure he'll win a major at some point, he's very good. 

But shot selection like that is a nightmare. No point having a caddy on your bag if you're going to try nonsense like that when one off the lead. was a 1/50 shot at best. 

Rory was excellent, and it was good to see him win after the criticism of last week. I'm incredibly excited for the masters after that. 

In other news, I'm aiming to get down to single figures this season from 12 and am feeling good. Hitting the ball well off the tee, although struggling a bit with irons the wedges and short game are feeling better than they did at the end of last season. Indoor practice has been key and I'm feeling good going into the season. Just have to hope I can get out enough after work. 

I've started well too, which can only mean +0.1 in the first medal!

45 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

38 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've started well too, which can only mean +0.1 in the first medal!

Best of luck in your quest for single figures DOYS. 

I`ve managed to maintain single figures since August 2009 (other than a couple of rounds at 9.5)

Last year I went up from 7.4 to 9.3 so the end of single figures may well be just round the corner. Who knows. I`m hitting it pretty well at the moment but haven`t had a card in hand yet of course.

Best of luck in your quest for single figures DOYS. 
I`ve managed to maintain single figures since August 2009 (other than a couple of rounds at 9.5)
Last year I went up from 7.4 to 9.3 so the end of single figures may well be just round the corner. Who knows. I`m hitting it pretty well at the moment but haven`t had a card in hand yet of course.

Have been down to 10.1, around this time last year, but had a very poor stop start year last year. So it’s not quite out of reach, just need a couple of good rounds and maybe a new 50deg wedge as my current cap from PW to SW isn’t great.