Golfers Thread

Gaz

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Brooks Koepka loves a major

5 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I've always thought he carries himself like a champion.
His walk, his physique, his swing. Just everything about him oozes class.

Agreed. Don`t think he has had the credit he deserves for his recent successes. I tended to be influenced by the view that he was "just a bomber" but the guy can play. He hit some lovely chips yesterday to minimise the damage from any errors.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Knox shoots a 2 under 68 in final round despite finding water and taking 7 on the par 5 17th. That`s got to hurt. Pity as a flawless round otherwise with 4 birdies.

Probably not enough to earn a Ryder Cup pick. He needs a big result between now and the line up announcement.

Some birdie there for Woods.

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Probably not enough to earn a Ryder Cup pick. He needs a big result between now and the line up announcement.

Some birdie there for Woods.

I suspect if he`d even got a par on 17 he would be very close to the team- fine margins. Given how well he played in French Open on the Ryder Cup course and how steady he generally is I think he merits a pick. Suspect as you say he needs another big result to get a place. Really hope he makes it.

Edit to add Thomas Pieters has just taken 7 on 17 as well when he was firmly in contention. Found the water hazard twice.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I suspect if he`d even got a par on 17 he would be very close to the team- fine margins. Given how ell he played in French Open on the Ryder Cup course and how steady he generally is I think he merits a pick. Suspect as you say he needs another big result to get a place. Really hope he makes it.

His result at the French could help right enough. I don't think Thomas Pieters' performance here is helping Knox though.