Golfers Thread

Gaz

Played my first round since October even though I said I'd play through the winter and didn't again. 91 with 3 birdies and an 8 on the card which isn't too bad considering, here's too a good season and a few shots coming off the handicap again. 

3 birdies is a good return by anyone's standard.

After a strong winter showing my team placed 3rd in Saturday's Texas scramble. Tee game wasn't quite there but rest of my game was decent, putted well and had a couple of 2s on my own.

Good start and looking forward to this weekend's team event.

20 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Played my first round since October even though I said I'd play through the winter and didn't again. 91 with 3 birdies and an 8 on the card which isn't too bad considering, here's too a good season and a few shots coming off the handicap again. 

Where you playing???Need to get a round

37 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Where you playing???Need to get a round

Still at leven links, we can get down for a game when your home. Just lemme know when suits. 

I bit the bullet and I'm taking lessons in a bid to get to single figure handicap (currently 11.8).

Playing great at times then I have serious brain fades.  Par front 9 :thumsup2, followed by 10 over for back 9. :wacko:

First lesson was really just basics - my posture had slumped a wee bit and my hands were too strong and I was over-swinging a little.

Second lesson was putting - looking at hole while practicing (rather than at ball), blind putting (committing to stroke), two ball challenge etc

You can teach old dogs new tricks! :rolleyes:

I haven't played regularly for 7 or 8 years, but took the plunge this year and joined Bishopbriggs. Been up at least once a week since January, really enjoying playing regular again. Absolutely glorious morning today, not a breath of wind and the sun splitting the skies. Well chuffed to hit 87, with a handful of pars and a chip in for a birdie 2 on 17. Not getting too carried away as although all the greens were on the Tees are all well forward. Flip side of that I suppose is that you get hardly any run from your tee shots. Amazing the difference a few dry days makes to the course though.

9 hours ago, happysouth said:

Played the new course at st Andrews today with the boys. 39 points 3 under par (nett). Didn't play that well but won easily . Been cut for tomorrow when we play the Eden.

Played the Eden a couple of years ago in the wind and it would have got golf stopped. Balls rolling about the green and falling off the tee, it was ridiculous. When the wind blows on that course it's hard to concentrate on your shot. Wouldn't mind going back to play it on a nice day as it seemed a good course but I still have nightmares about it. 

Played the Eden a couple of years ago in the wind and it would have got golf stopped. Balls rolling about the green and falling off the tee, it was ridiculous. When the wind blows on that course it's hard to concentrate on your shot. Wouldn't mind going back to play it on a nice day as it seemed a good course but I still have nightmares about it. 

We played the same courses last year (New, Eden, jubilee) and it chucked it down for the last 8 holes on the Eden. Absolutely miserable but it was my best scoring course of the weekend. Meant to be a cracking day today though.

11 minutes ago, happysouth said:

We played the same courses last year (New, Eden, jubilee) and it chucked it down for the last 8 holes on the Eden. Absolutely miserable but it was my best scoring course of the weekend. Meant to be a cracking day today though.

Great part of the world to be playing golf in on a nice day. Enjoy. 

Had decent season last year , 7 down to 5 handicap but not been happy with swing. Bit the bullet and had 2 lessons over the past 4 weeks. First lesson working on quietening the feet through impact as left heel was lifting badly. Worked hard for two weeks on that and huge improvement. Second lesson was working on takeaway. Always been very handsy and had a bad roll of wrists at start of the swing thus very on the inside . Too work on this we had an empty basket sat on the inside so if I done my usual I would hit the basket. Feels completely alien but by the end we hitting lovely baby cuts ( alien to me as always hit draws). Range session on my own today but done same drill with basket each shot and I cannot believe how good it feels. Rather excited for captain v vice captain next weekend. Probably fall to bits As usual and not transfer work from range to course !!

Perfect day for golf but played terrible.

Bit of practise definitely required.

Sums up my day today. Hit 87 on Friday, albeit with all the Tees still well forward. Course was on full length today which meant is was about 900 yards longer, felt like 9000 though as I hit 105, even though I hit a handful of pars.