Golfers Thread

Gaz

The Fife rover ticket is excellent value, I work in Kinross quite often so nipped down to Lochore one night last week to play the 9 holes and thought the course was in excellent nick, some of the other courses it let's you play look cracking.

I live in Cumbernauld so I'll probably get the Glasgow City Council equivalent but the courses aren't maintained to the same standards. Lets you play six courses at least, so theres a bit of variety. I've played at Lethamhill and I really like the layout for a novice like myself.

Been playing regularly the last few weeks having only picked up a club for the first time in ten years about three weeks ago, hooked.

Played up at Callander with my pal on Saturday morning. Only paid £10 for the 18 holes and the scenery was stunning. This wee par 3 was magic, even if I did end up in the bunker...

post-12302-14617923833108_thumb.jpg

The Fife rover ticket is excellent value, I work in Kinross quite often so nipped down to Lochore one night last week to play the 9 holes and thought the course was in excellent nick, some of the other courses it let's you play look cracking.

I live in Cumbernauld so I'll probably get the Glasgow City Council equivalent but the courses aren't maintained to the same standards. Lets you play six courses at least, so theres a bit of variety. I've played at Lethamhill and I really like the layout for a novice like myself.

Been playing regularly the last few weeks having only picked up a club for the first time in ten years about three weeks ago, hooked.

Played up at Callander with my pal on Saturday morning. Only paid £10 for the 18 holes and the scenery was stunning. This wee par 3 was magic, even if I did end up in the bunker...

That par 3 at Callander is one of the most intimidating holes I have played. Me and 2 mates played 2 rounds there 1 day last year, not a single tee shot on to the green on that hole between us.

Lethamhill's never in the best nick but it's a decent enough course.  Five par fives for just over a tenner isn't bad.  Avoid Alexandria Park at all costs, I've played better pitch and putts in Glasgow than that.

Completely flopped at the last medal I played at the weekend (98 nett 81, CSS 72) - not played that badly since I was wee.  For the first time since getting proper course membership I didn't feel comfortable with the guys I was out with - trying to Benny Hill around the course when the pace of play was slow enough already.

Did better in a Stableford style open the next day though - 81 nett 64 on a par 69 course, 41 stableford score, two birdies into the bargain.  Would have been a nice wee cut on the previous day.  Looking forward to the summer, drives running, shorter approaches and more delicate putting.  Dipping to 14 could still be on this year.

Edited by sonofjenova

Lethamhill's never in the best nick but it's a decent enough course.  Five par fives for just over a tenner isn't bad.  Avoid Alexandria Park at all costs, I've played better pitch and putts in Glasgow than that.

Completely flopped at the last medal I played at the weekend (98 nett 81, CSS 72) - not played that badly since I was wee.  For the first time since getting proper course membership I didn't feel comfortable with the guys I was out with - trying to Benny Hill around the course when the pace of play was slow enough already.

Did better in a Stableford style open the next day though - 81 nett 64 on a par 69 course, 41 stableford score, two birdies into the bargain.  Would have been a nice wee cut on the previous day.  Looking forward to the summer, drives running, shorter approaches and more delicate putting.  Dipping to 14 could still be on this year.

Ah, Royal Lethamhill. Also features a couple of blind drives that double as sprint training, where you try to get over the hill to claim your ball before the locals do!

90 at Fullarton there, first time I've played it, plus the conditions were horrendous. Two really bad 8s, but the rest were 4s and 5s. If I went back tomorrow is be wanting to hit around the 83-85 mark, left a few puts short. Definetly seeing the improvement after almost 6 months of playing.

Just done my first card.

1 OOB and 2 doubles 85 Scoonie.

Roll on saturday where hopefully I can tody up a little.

ETA - I shit the bed standing on the white tees and was shaking like f**k the whole way round the course with nerves lol

Round 2 today 92 - 25 over par.

I hate golf 😢

Edited by BaSeDG0DSA1NT