9/11

Rugster

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 years :o .

I remember walking up to park and my dad told me to watch out for planes falling from the sky :(

Was watching a documentary on it last night about the two french guys who were filiming firemen.They where inside the building and you could hear people Jumping.Pretty grim.

We were in school when our history teacher came in and told us the news. To be honest, the reaction of our class was generally one of suppressed joy as we didn't realise the full extent of it.

Did you go to a nutcase school?

7 years :o .

I remember walking up to park and my dad told me to watch out for planes falling from the sky :(

Was watching a documentary on it last night about the two french guys who were filiming firemen.They where inside the building and you could hear people Jumping.Pretty grim.

Yeah, I saw the programme on the anniversary last year. It was very disturbing stuff.

I was working for Donaldson Timber Engineering in Buckhaven. It was my 21st birthday. Phonecalls started coming through. My gf called to tell me all about it too. As someone has said already you couldn't picture what was going on until you saw the footage on the news at night.

Really put a stop to my birthday celebrations :(

Came home from a class at Uni, flicked on the telly for my daily fix of Neighbours and Diagnosis Murder - took me a minute to realise they hadn't replaced them with some disaster movie.

Then went to Forfar to see Falkirk in the CIS cup.

I was in my flat in London, having just moved there 3 days before. I was in the kitchen and my girlfriend came in to tell me, with a bemused grin on her face, that a plane had just crashed into one of the twin towers. I watched pretty much the whole thing unfold on tv. I remember really shitting myself when I heard a plane fly over the flat, thinking they may have targetted London as well.

9-11.jpg

It's the fact that the images were so powerful that we all remember it. Hopefully it will never be bettered by the terrorists.

It really was a jaw dropping day.

Absolutely.

I honestly thought there was some disaster movie on tv when I first saw it. I think it took days for it to sink in. Some of the pictures are absolutely iconic.

911RTRS_468x683.jpg

I'd recently returned from a holiday in New York. Was working in the pub that afternoon when one of the girls put the TV on. At first I thought it was the trailer for a new disaster film. Within minutes the whole pub was standing round the telly in shocked silence. Have been back to NY a couple of times since. I still find it difficult to get my around the sheer scale of the whole thing.

I'll always remember having lunch in the cafe on the 110th floor, just a few weeks before 9/11. Having a good laugh with the waiter who said he'd worked there for years, and always worked the weekday breakfast/lunchtime shift.

:(

Archived