9/11

Rugster

Waiting to pick my late-as-usual pain int he ass ex up from her job interview

Had the radio on in the car as the whole thing unfolded.

No idea of the seriousness of it when it first happened. I was more on the lookout for a Traffic Warden to make sure i could nip across to the shop to buy fags without coming back to a fucking ticket

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also remember going to Nou Bayview that night for either a League or Challenge Cup game, can't remember who it was against or what the score was, I would doubt many people who were at the game could tell you without recourse to looking it up!!!

I had to look it up, it was doing my head in and I'm sure you were all wanting to know as well!!!

We beat Arbroath 1-0 in the Cis Insurance Cup -1st Round

I was in my 4th year Geography class at the time and the teacher walked into the class and said about it. He then decided he would set up a TV in class. It was just something you didn't expect to see happen really even the neds of the class shut up when they seen the second plane hit. Then one of them decided to say "America deserved it" as soon as he uttered those words he was ordered out the class and off down to the headteacher.

I was only 12 at the time, and was absolutely dumbfounded at what was unfolding in front of me, on the tele. Like everyone else, I wondered if I was watching some sort of movie advertisement, but it all came so conspicuous very quickly. Shocking stuff.

The images, I can still vividly encapsulate in my mind; very iconic.

Religion, <_< .

I was working in a stockbrokers and remember watching the main screen with the FTSE 100 on it (mainly a combination of reds and blues) all go red and start flashing. We were quieter than usual that afternoon, but remember the following day lots of people registered wanting to buy. Although there was an initial crash on the exchanges they recovered amazingly quickly, by the end of the following week they were back to almost normal.

7 years :o .

I remember walking up to park and my dad told me to watch out for planes falling from the sky :(

Was watching a documentary on it last night about the two french guys who were filiming firemen.They where inside the building and you could hear people Jumping.Pretty grim.

Aye, I saw that as well. Didn't intend to watch it all but ended up doing so.

I remember jumping in the car after school and asking my Dad what he thought about Rangers being forced to play a game in Bosnia. Needless to say, he soon had me updated as to what had happened.

To keep the score-line theme up, Clyde beat Stenny on penalties that night after a 2-2 draw. Seem to remember Brian Crawford scored twice.

Do you know what else this thread has made me realise...

It's almost 7 years since I sat eating breakfast in a cafe in Brussels questioning why Craig Brown didn't retire 2 years ago and declaring it's going to be a long time before we qualify for something again, and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I'm not quite sure what stage of that we've reached yet. :ph34r:

I'd just picked up a friend of mine from Edinburgh airport. She'd been travelling and working in the US and Canada for three months and left New York on September 10th. We got back to her house and switched on the TV after the first plane had hit. We then saw the second plane hit and the towers collapse. She'd been up them two days before. It was a very strange few hours.

When I heard about it I had just woken up from a nightshift and was on my way to pick up my son from nursery. I came back in and watched the drama unfold live on TV. IIRC there was also a bomb scare in Glasgow on the same day - around Central Station - and everything was on massively heightened security alert.

I was in year 8 at secondary college at the time. My mum woke me up after the 2nd plane had hit as it happened early morning here, I just sat there starring at the TV in shock. Then went to school that morning and everyone was talking about it and the teachers gave us a talk about it. After school got home and watched the news on it all night as every channel was covering it basically.

Over the last few years I have had to be dealing with Arabs through my work.

When the conversation is brought up ( by them ) of 9/11 its absolutely astonishing they way they think.

They tell me it had nothing to do with Ben Laden. That 9/11 was an undercover operation by mossad to turn America against the Arab world :o The worrying thing is they really beleave it passionately.

Suppose it’s like some Germans who don’t beleave gas chambers ever existed. Saying the allies created a myth against them.

Archived