9/11

Rugster

Tomorrow is the seventh anniversary of the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The day itself been debated to death, but my point is can you believe how quickly seven years have gone, and what were you doing at the time you heard about the incident?

I was at my ex's in Falkirk, and was night manager at the time, I knew I was going to be called in, and was. We were due to play Forfar that night I think it was in the CIS or Challenge? Cup, and she went in the huff because I got called into work. I think that was the first, but not the last time, I used the phrase, "go and take a right good f**k to yourself" to her. :lol:

Over to the masses.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd got the day off work to go to the local college, the Stadelijk Gymnasium, to enroll in Dutch evening classes and then went to a coffeeshop for a tosti, coffee and a fat spliff when it came on the news. I ended up melted.

Oh I was working on RAF Brize Norton when it happended. Was in shock when it was happening, Nobody quite new what was going on and it was eeirly quiet. My folks had gone to Canada a couple of days before and didn't bother ringing in the three weeks whilst they were away. I was more annoyed as it was freezing and I had no idea how to work the heating :lol:

I was at my work water gilding a frame for a client. It came on the radio news that a plane had crashed into one of the towers. They carried on with whatever programme I was listening to and then they went over to the newsroom and that was that. Quite a surreal afternoon really.

I had just pulled up at a job at a Primary school in Renfrew. At the time the radio reports were very sketchy. They reckoned that it may just have been a light aircraft that had hit the first tower in heavy fog. As the day went on we all realised just how bad it was and how much the world had changed in those few hours.

As we're not American, could we change the title to 11/9? That's always annoyed me

I was working in a petrol station at the time, and i remember panicking because my mum had told me the day before that my cousin had moved to america to start a new job, i phoned her rightaway but thankfully he was about an hour outside washington. Anyway, i finished my shift and got home and switched the telly on just at the moment the towers came down. I just froze in disbelief at what was unfolding, or even collapsing, in front of me.

As we're not American, could we change the title to 11/9? That's always annoyed me

Why? Do you say September the 11th, or the 11th September when you're talking about dates? I say September the 11th, ergo 9/11

9/11 is the worldy recognised terminology for the day. 11/9 means f**k all to most folk.

I was working in Abu Dhabi.

Local radio station made a vague report about an aircraft flying into a NY skyscraper. I thought it was a wind up and that the DJ was a dickhead. Went to Popeye's fast food place for my tea and walked in just in time to see on their tv the second plane fly in.

Sorta lost my appetite.

Archived