Official P&b Cycling Thread

Turbo trainer again for me this weekend - possibly tonight in the front room as the missus is working night shift.

I'm currently sitting with my new Specialized BG Comp shoes on, freshly delivered this afternoon. These shoes look and feel the mutt's. The BOA adjustment is fantastic.

I'll be saving them for the spring, though :) My trusty old Shimano basics will do fine meantime.

post-7511-0-68415000-1325869922_thumb.jp

Turbo trainer again for me this weekend - possibly tonight in the front room as the missus is working night shift.

I'm currently sitting with my new Specialized BG Comp shoes on, freshly delivered this afternoon. These shoes look and feel the mutt's. The BOA adjustment is fantastic.

I'll be saving them for the spring, though :) My trusty old Shimano basics will do fine meantime.

You do know that oil from your chain will likely go on the carpet - right?? Also, if you are doing it right you should sweat like a bear - not a nice combo for the Mrs to come back to...:D

Took the hybrid for a spin on the roads yesterday to give it a break from the turbo. Tyres now look very shiny so not the safest on the damp roads!!

You do know that oil from your chain will likely go on the carpet - right?? Also, if you are doing it right you should sweat like a bear - not a nice combo for the Mrs to come back to...:D

Took the hybrid for a spin on the roads yesterday to give it a break from the turbo. Tyres now look very shiny so not the safest on the damp roads!!

I'm not doing it right.....................:P

Out of Saturday and did a good 40 mile run at a decent pace .

However,we all decided to push like hell for the last 6 miles and averaged 24.5 mph for this, but now paying the consequences :(

I have quite a bit of pain behind my left knee,which I've never experienced before.

Spoke with a few of the guys yesterday and also been looking at some website and it may be because my seat is slightly too low.

Although Ive never had any bother before with this and my seat has been in the same position for several months, it seems the last 6 miles at this pace has highlighted the fact.

I would have thought it would have affected both knees,but since my right leg is stongest,obviously it could cope a bit better and I've over strained the muscles in my left!

It also my bodys way of reminding me what fucking age I am !!

However,we all decided to push like hell for the last 6 miles and averaged 24.5 mph for this, but now paying the consequences :(

I have quite a bit of pain behind my left knee,which I've never experienced before.

Spoke with a few of the guys yesterday and also been looking at some website and it may be because my seat is slightly too low.

Although Ive never had any bother before with this and my seat has been in the same position for several months, it seems the last 6 miles at this pace has highlighted the fact.

I would have thought it would have affected both knees,but since my right leg is stongest,obviously it could cope a bit better and I've over strained the muscles in my left!

That is a well decent pace, you did fail to mention you were coming down a mountain at the time...:P

That is a well decent pace, you did fail to mention you were coming down a mountain at the time...:P

:lol: :lol:

To be honest MB most of it was on the flat with a wee but of a tail wind and actually a climb for about 500 yards at the end.

Now feel like I've been stabbed in the back of the knee though !!

I had that with my left knee last year and it was just as you described, like someone stabbing the back of it.

I was able to move it again properly after a couple of days, and was back on the bike a couple of days after that. So it might not be too serious.

On the other hand, I don't think it's been right (chortle) since, because I keep getting the occasional twinge, even when just walking.

Edited by The Master

I had that with my left knee last year and it was just as you described, like someone stabbing the back of it.

I was able to move it again properly after a couple of days, and was back on the bike a couple of days after that. So it might not be too serious.

You've probably got about 15 years on UTN though!!:lol:

You've probably got about 15 years on UTN though!!:lol:

I was trying to avoid that particular elephant :lol:

Ya pair of cruel , insensitive, b*****ds!!

Probabaly true though :P

Edit to add; The forthcoming P&B Etap will reveal all though!!;)

You'll probabaly have this kind of view of me :lol:

u18543347.jpg

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I need new lights for definite now after I found the front one snapped and on the garage floor.

Don't need anything too fancy- views on this?

http://www.wiggle.co...d150-light-set/

Personally,I wouldnt get anything for the front which is under 30 lux.( i dont know what the Cat Eye one is)

I got this from Halfords and its really good

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_736219_langId_-1_categoryId_165636

I know a bit more expensive and just the front light,but its your safety we're talking about here and imo worth it

Personally,I wouldnt get anything for the front which is under 30 lux.( i dont know what the Cat Eye one is)

I got this from Halfords and its really good

http://www.halfords....tegoryId_165636

I know a bit more expensive and just the front light,but its your safety we're talking about here and imo worth it

Aye good advice, comparing light level is a nightmare as some are bright in terms of lux but have a very narrow beam- others are a wider beam and more useful light yet lower lux. And that is without all the manufacturers choosing lux, luments, watts or candlepower as their method of choice to avoid comparisons.

I use two at the front- small one flashing one solid- not that I'm out in the dark on the bike much actually.

Went out on the Saturday afternoon for the first time this year and managed just over 11 miles. Probably could have done a bit more but glad i didn't as I was into a headwind all the way back. Good to get out again though. Also managed to hit a dog on Porty prom. A bit of indecision on both our parts and end up doing nothing then colliding. Thankfully (for the dog) I had pretty much stopped when contact was made and it wasn't hurt. I stopped and checked with the owner and made sure everything was okay. Good to know the brakes work!!

Taxi drivers are wankers. Utter wankers.

I was sat in the right-hand lane at a set of traffic lights waiting to go straight on. Taxi pulls into the left (left turn) lane. Lights change, I get away; taxi then undertakes me and cuts across. I shout out, then get a mouthful of abuse at the next lights. We were taking the same route, so I catch up with him at the next lights, only to find him in the ASZ. I still pulled in front of him, but when the lights changed he overtook me on a bend, even though I was in the middle of the road and there was another lane of traffic next to him, and was greeted with more abuse about hoping I got knocked over.

I'm just annoyed the batteries on my helmet camera were flat, because right now it's just my word against his, unless some of the drivers in the other lane can be identified. But that's unlikely.

Edited by The Master